Boat ramp on St Leonards Creek?

spinner

Does anybody know if there is a place on St Leonards Creek in Calvert where we can put or Kayaks in? Is there a boat ramp at White Sands? We were thinking about going over there tomorrow. Thanks

belvak

Happy Camper
I know Vera's has a boat ramp, but don't know if it's public. Here's the number from their website -- (410) 586-1182. What about Patterson Park? Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your kayaking!!

OOPS!!! Didn't see the previous post before I posted. Sorry! Also, don't know if it is practical for you or not, but Greenwell State Park in Hollywood has places where you can launch a kayak. They are just about straight across the Patuxent River from St. Leonard's.

Last edited:

spinner

Thank you, I knew there was a boat ramp at Vera's but I didn't know if it is available for a fee. I tried calling but no answer. Jefferson Patterson Park doesn't appear to have a boat ramp, I've been down to the water there but I'm not sure if we could take the kayaks.
I'm not sure if I want to paddle there from Greenwell, as I found out last year- my first year having the kayak- you can paddle somewhere and have a great time, but you also have to paddle BACK. Sometimes it can be a long way back. I love my kayak, it is the best.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Isn't there a ramp in the Breedens Point/Cape Leonard area on St. Leonard's Creek?

chemommy25

Does anybody know if there is a place on St Leonards Creek in Calvert where we can put or Kayaks in? Is there a boat ramp at White Sands? We were thinking about going over there tomorrow. Thanks

After you pass the fastop going in to st leonard keep going straight until you see calvert blvd on your left. take that road to the end theres a gate past the gate its a boat ramp. u cant park there though.

tommyjones

After you pass the fastop going in to st leonard keep going straight until you see calvert blvd on your left. take that road to the end theres a gate past the gate its a boat ramp. u cant park there though.

thats a private ramp, you cant use it unless you are part of the association.

shilo

We have a couple Kayaks that go out of here (Buzz's Marina) in Ridge. They say they really like it. We are on St. Jerome's creek. You can check out our webpage for directions and all that if it's not too far for you.The creek is really calm and pretty and you can be in the Bay in 20 minutes by kayak.

spinner

Thanks for the info, we ended up going down to Point Lookout to paddle around and fish. We did take a ride out to White Sands just to see if Vera's had a boat ramp but we didn't stop. I tried to call them but there wasn't any answer. We still would like to go on St Leonard's Creek sometime. In the meantime we will check out Buzz's Marina.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Thanks for the info, we ended up going down to Point Lookout to paddle around and fish. We did take a ride out to White Sands just to see if Vera's had a boat ramp but we didn't stop. I tried to call them but there wasn't any answer. We still would like to go on St Leonard's Creek sometime. In the meantime we will check out Buzz's Marina.

I'm 99% sure Vera's does have a ramp. Not sure of any rules or regs for use though. Call them back their nice people!

They do have a nice dock that they did a lot of repairs to last year.

Do you have access to PAXR? Nice ramp there also. Someone did tell us that it was closing for the season this year because the new 'O' Club is to be built in the area. Hubby did a drive by last Sunday (we are heavy users of the ramp) and there are no signs posted to confirm that rumor. Anyone else have information on it?? Personally we found it hard to even consider believing since the coast guard launches from there.....