Boat Rental

flyingdog

Looking to rent a boat for 6 adults and 1 child. Nothing too fancy, just want to get out on the water. Any recommendations? TIA!

Oh, I'm in Lexington Park...

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
flyingdog said:
Looking to rent a boat for 6 adults and 1 child. Nothing too fancy, just want to get out on the water. Any recommendations? TIA!

Oh, I'm in Lexington Park...

Are you trying to charter a boat as in have a Capt. take you out, or rent a boat as in you or someone in your family will captain it?

flyingdog

AK-74me said:
Are you trying to charter a boat as in have a Capt. take you out, or rent a boat as in you or someone in your family will captain it?

We would like to captain it ourselves. Thanks much!

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
flyingdog said:
We would like to captain it ourselves. Thanks much!

I am not familiar with any places that rent boats that size then, 7 people -you are gonna want a decent sized boat. Bigger than Solomon's Boat Rental offers anyway.

D

dems4me

AK-74me said:
I am not familiar with any places that rent boats that size then, 7 people -you are gonna want a decent sized boat. Bigger than Solomon's Boat Rental offers anyway.

:yeahthat: For a boat that size, I too don't know of anyone that would want to risk a boat that big and expensive for casual usage by strangers :shrug: You would proably need to know how to use a GPS, and know the correct mandated gear you would need to bring with you (pfds, throwable pfds), etc... it's not exactly a john boat you are looking to borrow/rent. Could you rent a smaller boat and split the time up with the family in equal turns maybe:shrug:

ohstate

If you have access to it, Solomons MWR facility had boat rentals at their marina some years back. I'm not certain if they still do, but you could rent a boat for the afternoon there. You had to pass the boating safety test before they let you rent one.

Crow Bait

Folks, if you need a charterboat reccomendation let me know. My friend run's a boat that's only $450 for 6 people. He caught his limit of rock up to 30" yesterday afternoon and then added some bottom fish to boot!

bohman

AK-74me said:

I thought that they also did pontoon boats, not just the small run-abouts? I might be wrong about that.

They are nice folks to deal with though, if they have an appropriate boat for you. I get parts for my Nissan outboard through them, since they run Nissans on their rentals.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
bohman said:
I thought that they also did pontoon boats, not just the small run-abouts? I might be wrong about that.

They are nice folks to deal with though, if they have an appropriate boat for you. I get parts for my Nissan outboard through them, since they run Nissans on their rentals.

Not unless that is something new, if they do have them I am not aware of them anyway.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AK-74me said:
Not unless that is something new, if they do have them I am not aware of them anyway.
They've had a party boat (don't think it was a pontoon, but a 'flat topped' V-hull) and a cuddy or two there the last few years. $$$$$$

Rec Center hasn't rented boats in years, their boats are all sitting in the grass rotting away...

MWR (West Basin) on Pax has a cople of Jon boats, and a party barge (pontoon) for rent... even though the pontoon is fairly new (last year) I don't know if it's in decent shape.. They do have a LOT of sail boats for rent.. and I know a capt that can be bought for very little money..

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
They've had a party boat (don't think it was a pontoon, but a 'flat topped' V-hull) and a cuddy or two there the last few years. $$$$$$

Yeah it has prolly been a few years since I've been by and looking close enough to see exactly what they had.

HollywoodLady

Willy at Solomon's Boat Rental has boats from 16' bow riders to a pontoon boat for rent. He is a great guy to deal with and will teach you how to drive the boat before you leave. His rates aren't bad either. 410-326-4060