Boat trailer repair

NextJen

Raisin cane
Had a mishap with my pontoon trailer (thankfully the boat is ok). Insurance adjuster has given me an estimate and I need to find a repair shop to take it to. Any recommendations? Will need to be put on a rollback/flatbed to get it to the shop, so the closer to Port Tobacco the better.
Thanks!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Never had any work done by them, but there is a trailer sales/service place pretty close in Newburg just before the bridge. It's close enough maybe you could stop in with pics and talk to them.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Never had any work done by them, but there is a trailer sales/service place pretty close in Newburg just before the bridge. It's close enough maybe you could stop in with pics and talk to them.
Thanks I'll run by there tomorrow and check them out.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
IDK if the same people run it, but 20 or so years ago I bought a trailer from them. They upsold me on the tongue jack, but I'm glad they did. It made a huge difference.
Thanks I'll run by there tomorrow and check them out.
I just installed ~$300 (at cost) worth of suspension parts on my trailer. I made sure to get a galvanized axle just for insurance, after seeing what brackish water did to the last one. Hopefully the place in Newburg has a rollback or at least access to one. Good luck!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I just installed ~$300 (at cost) worth of suspension parts on my trailer. I made sure to get a galvanized axle just for insurance, after seeing what brackish water did to the last one. Hopefully the place in Newburg has a rollback or at least access to one. Good luck!
I invested a ton of $ in my slingshot trailer, and it wasn't even rusty!!! New axles and swing arms, replaced the entire electric brake assembly, storage locker, updated electrics, lights and wiring, customized tie downs, new wheels and rubber, even had the steel deck coated with Line-X.

The previous owner abused it terribly, the wrong wheels, axles bent from total overload....

Oh yeah, and a custom winch and winch stand that gilligan made for me.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Was just at the Newburg service place. Guy said he couldn’t do it. Needs welding done which he said he couldn’t do. So my search continues. But since I’m down the road, lunch at Cap’t Billy's is in order!

Last edited:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Frame was bent on the trailer along with the leaf spring assembly being ripped off of the one side. It is being totaled by the insurance company. So, new trailer it is - going with a galvanized, tandem axle this time. Boy, they sure have gone up in price (just like everything else).

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Frame was bent on the trailer along with the leaf spring assembly being ripped off of the one side. It is being totaled by the insurance company. So, new trailer it is - going with a galvanized, tandem axle this time. Boy, they sure have gone up in price (just like everything else).
It's a big investment, but not something you want to try to skimp on. Don't ask me how I know. It's like any investment, buy the best one that you can comfortably afford. Are you looking at a certain manufacturer? I've had good luck with Venture and a local shop distributes them (or did anyway).

Edit: The decals and reflectors aren't always straight, but they're built well.