boaters...

jenbengen

Watch it
We are going to put our boat in at St George's Island and we are trying to find a possible little beach to dock at so the kiddos can get their feet wet. Know of any nearby? Also, any restaurants/marinas to dock at? We are still new to the boating around SOMD.

Mikeinsmd

jenbengen said:
We are going to put our boat in at St George's Island and we are trying to find a possible little beach to dock at so the kiddos can get their feet wet. Know of any nearby? Also, any restaurants/marinas to dock at? We are still new to the boating around SOMD.
There's a lil beach right at the bridge on the island side. Straight across from the ramp.

Trailer over to Pax side & go to battle creek.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mikeinsmd said:
There's a lil beach right at the bridge on the island side. Straight across from the ramp.

Trailer over to Pax side & go to battle creek.

Aren't there some pretty strong currents there (by the bridge), Mike? She's got little ones.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Across from St. Clements Island on the VA side is a little sandbar type island full of sharks teeth. It think it's even called Shark Tooth Island:lol: Kids are guaranteed to find some good ones there:yay:

Mikeinsmd

BS Gal said:
Aren't there some pretty strong currents there (by the bridge), Mike? She's got little ones.
Well yea if you let em go out too far. :lmao: I see ppl there all the time but may not be a good idea.

They can run south to Pt. Lookout beaches or north to St. Clements island near where CMC posted. Even at coltons point is a lil sand beach (very little).

PM Kom & tell him to expect you... :lol:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mikeinsmd said:
Well yea if you let em go out too far. :lmao: I see ppl there all the time but may not be a good idea.

They can run south to Pt. Lookout beaches or north to St. Clements island near where CMC posted. Even at coltons point is a lil sand beach (very little).

Battle Creek is the best though. We used to do that when the kids were young. Used to be able to pull up on to "ski" beach right by Lewis Creek, but I am pretty sure it's all marked private property/no trespassing now.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Mikeinsmd said:

They can tie up at the Gov't pier in front of the museum and walk down to the beach maybe 20-30 yds. Then they can head over to the island and check the progress of the lighthouse reconstruction. Definitely pm me for the fishing report. :lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing
jenbengen said:

Tie up to the Tiki Bar Pier......

The kiddies can play in the sand around back, and mommy and daddy can enjoy a couple drinks

unixpirate

Pitty Party
jenbengen said:

Go out of Solomons Pier and head over to Myrtle Point. Perfect beach for kids and fam. :yay:

Mikeinsmd

BS Gal said:
Battle Creek is the best though. We used to do that when the kids were young. Used to be able to pull up on to "ski" beach right by Lewis Creek, but I am pretty sure it's all marked private property/no trespassing now.
Do you still go? Will I see you there tomorrow? Does the bike float? What kinda boat you have? Does your boat have a rear view mirror? What time will you be there. Will I finally get to meet you? Don't try to ride the bike there. :popcorn:

At St Georges Is. the side by the channel, bridge side, not good for kids. On the other side of the point is ok. Check the drop off though. A good alternative is down Beachville rd. Nice little beach there. Shade trees and tables too.

Last edited:

LordStanley

I know nothing
Mikeinsmd said:
Do you still go? Will I see you there tomorrow? Does the bike float? What kinda boat you have? Does your boat have a rear view mirror? What time will you be there. Will I finally get to meet you? Don't try to ride the bike there. :popcorn:

I will be boatless all weekend :bawl:

The little one is over at washburns.... oh and its for sale...

The sonic will be mine on tuesday.... See you at battle creek Next week :yay:

Mikeinsmd

LordStanley said:
I will be boatless all weekend :bawl:

The little one is over at washburns.... oh and its for sale...

The sonic will be mine on tuesday.... See you at battle creek Next week :yay:
Taking the new GF out for her 1st reall boat weekend. She's already met most of the crew at E & D's but has to meet Gorden, you and a couple others. :yay:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Mikeinsmd said:
:lmao: We have a 22' cabin cruiser, parked in the driveway with engine issues. New engine coming if I don't buy the Sky..... :lmao:

jenbengen

Watch it
BS Gal said:

Definitely currents. My kids never go past their ankles. lol. They just like to get off the boat and run around and get their feet wet.

jenbengen

Watch it
CMC122 said:
Across from St. Clements Island on the VA side is a little sandbar type island full of sharks teeth. It think it's even called Shark Tooth Island:lol: Kids are guaranteed to find some good ones there:yay:

Cool! We'll have to check it out. We tried to find a beachy area that we could dock at. Our size boat can't do too shallow of waters. I think the kids would LOVE the sharks teeth!! Thanks for the suggestion!

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Well we went out on our boat today and didn't catch a damn thing but sun burn. We'll try again tomorrow.

Mikeinsmd-- did you go out today? Where the hell is buoy 72? Saw # 77.....

willie

Suz' said:
Well we went out on our boat today and didn't catch a damn thing but sun burn. We'll try again tomorrow.

South of the "Targets" opposite Point No Point.

calamity jane

Suz' said:

Where did you go, and what were you trying to catch? We got our limit on rockfish on Sun. & this morning, too. Going out of Solomon's this evening to try to pick up some croakers. Fresh bloodworms, cut squid, I think they'll bite good this evening right near dusk. We'll see.

D

dems4me

Just got back. Everything's fixed on the boat :jameo: Took it out for a spin for a while at full throttle :yahoo: then set up the dock cleats, fenders, etc.. and was able to leave it at marina finally :yahoo: I'm really hoping to get out next Saturday early in the am on it and start crabbing and fishing. :yahoo: