Boating and pain

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I put this one away back in early '09...my back was destroyed and I had no choice. Had surgery in 2010..two more fusions and new hardware over the original 5 fusions...so 7 in all.

Fast forward to now. Feelin' pretty good. Time to drag the ole skiff out and turn that 480HP motor loose again.:yahoo:

Attachments

• 0804131725_01.jpg
    0804131725_01.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 365

limblips

PREMO Member
I put this one away back in early '09...my back was destroyed and I had no choice. Had surgery in 2010..two more fusions and new hardware over the original 5 fusions...so 7 in all.

Fast forward to now. Feelin' pretty good. Time to drag the ole skiff out and turn that 480HP motor loose again.:yahoo:

I have no sympathy for you! I am restoring a 1958 Johnson Super Seahorse and her mate, a 1956,7,8 Duracraft. I wonder which I will run out of first: Money, Ambition, or Life!

glhs837

Power with Control

You give me hope. :buddies: Right now I am rationing my physical tasking pretty hard to prevent multiple days spent doped up on a heating pad. Going for surgery sometime soon, after a few more diagnostics.

Got all my back joints fixed a bunch of years ago. Just don't have a boat at the moment...... :ohwell:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You give me hope. :buddies: Right now I am rationing my physical tasking pretty hard to prevent multiple days spent doped up on a heating pad. Going for surgery sometime soon, after a few more diagnostics.

The doc did a good job. It's been three years since the last surgery and I'm finally 100% pain free unless I really overdue the lifting and then it effs with my hip joints (the only "moving parts" still remaining south of the T11)

I broke it...twice. L3 first time ('81) and L1 the last time ('09). The second time also wrecked some of the titanium hardware put in the first time, so it was a "re-do" in some respects.:whistle:

And now I declare it ready for wave jumping. :yahoo:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Must have been the camera angle..:buddies: I could tell from the layout and the outdrive that it was one of the "new production" boats. Friend of mine that lived in 7D 20 or so years ago bought one of those brand new. They are such a sweet ride.

Last edited:

CrashTest

Yes - my Donzi was a 1995. This was a year or so after American Marine Holdings took over Donzi when they were on the verge of going under.

That picture was taken in Madionville, La on the Tchefuncte River on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain which is where I used to live. It's the area where Shelby Stanga from the Ax Men show lives and works.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yes - my Donzi was a 1995. This was a year or so after American Marine Holdings took over Donzi when they were on the verge of going under.

That picture was taken in Madionville, La on the Tchefuncte River on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain which is where I used to live. It's the area where Shelby Stanga from the Ax Men show lives and works.

A friend of mine here locally, a licensed captain, was a regular demo and delivery driver for AMH, especially their "military and law enforcement" Donzi offerings, for quite a few years. AMH has done a good job with the brand. It's frankly amazing the brand survived, considering how many times it changed hands since Aronow first sold the company in the late 60s.

Last edited: