Boating is always great fun

PJay

LOL...how hot is it there

Anyway.."crowded rental boat" We had to rescue a couple of those types in our day...their boat flipped. Nothing like being kicked back relaxing with my pole in the water...then the cry for help comes.

DEEKAYPEE8569

LOL...how hot is it there

Anyway.."crowded rental boat" We had to rescue a couple of those types in our day...their boat flipped. Nothing like being kicked back relaxing with my pole in the water...then the cry for help comes.

"Here!" :oldman: "Grab the line!" "Just pull the bait off the hook!" "I'll reel you in!"

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I rescued two people from certain drowning once. They were taken out by the rip current that runs along one side of the beach at the bridge. Was tying my boat off at my marina when we heard the screams over by the bridge, and quickly untied and roared over there. The first, a fairly young fella, was almost completely gone and we barely managed to grapple and get a hook on him as he sank below the surface. Had we arrived even 30 seconds later, we would have had no idea where to start grappling for the kid in that murky water. The second was his father or uncle and was attempting to assist the kid and clearly losing his struggle (idiot had cowboy boats on...) but was still on the surface. Got both of them in the boat and got the younger one revived and lungs dewatered. Went straight to my pier where other family members, who had been the ones screaming on the beach, met us. I suggested calling 911..they said they would. I went inside to grab a beer and chill.

Not 10 minutes later, I looked out at my boat on the pier and there was nobody there. Went down to inspect closer and nothing was left but a large pool of vomit on the deck of my boat....effects of all the saltwater on the kid who was closest to drowning. They just friggin' left...not so much as one "thank you". Nothing.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I rescued two people from certain drowning once. They were taken out by the rip current that runs along one side of the beach at the bridge. Was tying my boat off at my marina when we heard the screams over by the bridge, and quickly untied and roared over there. The first, a fairly young fella, was almost completely gone and we barely managed to grapple and get a hook on him as he sank below the surface. Had we arrived even 30 seconds later, we would have had no idea where to start grappling for the kid in that murky water. The second was his father or uncle and was attempting to assist the kid and clearly losing his struggle (idiot had cowboy boats on...) but was still on the surface. Got both of them in the boat and got the younger one revived and lungs dewatered. Went straight to my pier where other family members, who had been the ones screaming on the beach, met us. I suggested calling 911..they said they would. I went inside to grab a beer and chill.

Not 10 minutes later, I looked out at my boat on the pier and there was nobody there. Went down to inspect closer and nothing was left but a large pool of vomit on the deck of my boat....effects of all the saltwater on the kid who was closest to drowning. They just friggin' left...not so much as one "thank you". Nothing.

No good deed goes unpunished.

PJay

"Here!" :oldman: "Grab the line!" "Just pull the bait off the hook!" "I'll reel you in!"

We were always willing to lend a hand no matter the help needed. Mostly it was people doing stupid stuff. No near drownings like Gill experienced. One was a small like row boat that flipped...they had caught a bushel of crabs and feared the crabs released around them..well, the women on the boat feared them. The crabs were able to live another day.