Boating

Ladybug76

Does anyone have any lake recommendations for boating around here or within a few hours drive? I have heard that Lake Anna is nice--Has anyone been there? We have decided to upgrade from the little aluminum fishing boat and are looking to buy a ski boat in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Lake Anna is awesome. I have been going there since I was a kid. We are going there next week :)

LusbyMom

Thanks! Does it get very crowded? Have you camped there?

Sometimes it gets crowded but it's HUGE. We always camp there. They have 2 campgrounds on the lake. One is the state park, which I haven't stayed at but my brother has. At the state park you have to pull your boat out everynight.

The other campground is Christopher Run and you can leave your boat in at night.

Neither campground has much to do other then the lake, but that's all we go there for.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Does anyone have any lake recommendations for boating around here or within a few hours drive? I have heard that Lake Anna is nice--Has anyone been there? We have decided to upgrade from the little aluminum fishing boat and are looking to buy a ski boat in the next couple of weeks. Thanks!
You do realize we're surrounded by water? Patuxent, Potomac and the Chesapeake.

Ladybug76

Sometimes it gets crowded but it's HUGE. We always camp there. They have 2 campgrounds on the lake. One is the state park, which I haven't stayed at but my brother has. At the state park you have to pull your boat out everynight.

The other campground is Christopher Run and you can leave your boat in at night.

Neither campground has much to do other then the lake, but that's all we go there for.

Thanks-I can't wait to go check it out. It will be nice to get away (even if it's only a few hours away).

LusbyMom

Thanks-I can't wait to go check it out. It will be nice to get away (even if it's only a few hours away).

I have also heard great things about Deep Creek Lake... but I think it's a couple hours further away. We haven't been there yet.