Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sequestration layoffs will be here just in time for the holidays :yay:

But Obama made a deal with them, no lay off notices and the government would cover there legal expenses.... Guess the election is over the deal is off?

jetmonkey

But Obama made a deal with them, no lay off notices and the government would cover there legal expenses.... Guess the election is over the deal is off?

The deal was just for the timing of the layoff notices - the layoffs themselves are still coming :yay:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I kinda like this reply,

"What they need to do is go out in the parking lot and everyone that has an Obama bumper sticker on their car gets pink-slipped first."

And then there are the people blaming the layoffs on Romney politics.

People are funny.

JoeRider

Federalist Live Forever
More people on the government dole. See Obama's plan is working. Just a matter of time before the ax hits my company. Any bets on the unemployment rates by Jan. 1st.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
More people on the government dole. See Obama's plan is working. Just a matter of time before the ax hits my company. Any bets on the unemployment rates by Jan. 1st.

Virginia, particularly VA Beach and Norfolk areas will be hit hard. Lots of Defense contractors in NoVA as well, but......they voted for him so really, it's hard to feel sorry for them. Unfortunately, it impacts a lot more folks than just them.

bcp

In My Opinion
My prayer is that those that voted for obama are the first to be let go.

I would not have a problem with that, Justice served.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
My prayer is that those that voted for obama are the first to be let go.

I would not have a problem with that, Justice served.

They'll just blame it on Bush. I am praying that I am able to survive, if I still have a job, because in addition to myself and my family, I'll be supporting hundreds of thousands of freshly unemployed workers, probably for a long time. It's gonna be tight.

Inkd

I kinda like this reply,

"What they need to do is go out in the parking lot and everyone that has an Obama bumper sticker on their car gets pink-slipped first."

And then there are the people blaming the layoffs on Romney politics.

People are funny.

There was a person at my last job who had a "Veterans For Obama" bumper sticker on their car.

I'm not sure which company he worked for because there was a few different ones in our building. I am SO hoping he loses his job.

bcp

In My Opinion
Something to note here.
these jobs being lost are most likely not janitorial positions, these are going to be upper middle class and above.
I thought the neutered king was trying to fix the middle class problems.

Still odd how all the layoffs, the drone, FEMA closing in Jersey the day after the election,, all of this right after the election. Like these people didnt know right before?

I guess these companies were waiting to see who was elected. If Romney won, no job losses, If obama won, (and supposedly he did) massive layoffs.

I hope the people going are democrats. They deserve to lose their jobs after voting for obama. Maybe watching their kids go without food for a while will open their eyes to what they did.