Bolton out as National Security Advisor

Chris0nllyn

Why do you presume it's Trump who's the problem instead of the DC swamp creatures we know for a fact exist?

Wasn't Trump the one who promised to not only hire "the best of the best", but to also drain the DC swamp you talk about?

4th time's a charm!

transporter

"vraiblonde, post: 6042939, member: 770"]
If I understand Trump wanting to decrease our foreign involvement and end these pointless global conflicts, surely John Bolton understood as well.

Since YOU understand this so well, can you please explain why we have MORE troops in Afghanistan today than Jan 2017?
Since YOU understand this so well, can you please explain why we have MORE troops in South Korea today than Jan 2017?
Or can you explain why we are increasing troops levels in Poland?
Can you explain why Trump tore up the Iran nuclear deal? Iran is now increasing its uranium enrichment.

I think these people forget that they work for the President and are not autonomous. Trump is pretty clear and specific where he wants to go with these things, and if the advisor isn't on board with that agenda, they should obviously not be there.

Trump doesn't have a clue from minute to minute what he is doing. He contradicts himself and his staff constantly. That is what happens when you are inept, incompetent and unfit for the job you hold.

Hijinx

It's like this. Trump can fire people that screw up or are not suiting him
He isn't owned by some Senator or Congress critter.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
And the revolving door continues.

I guess Trump is looking for advisers to tell him what he wants to hear, not what he needs to hear. If that's the case, why even bother having advisers?

Like Mike Pompeo said The President of the United States is entitled to have the staff he wants. It's TRUMP's policy. He is looking for advisors to facilitate his policies, not try to implement their own. :lol:

Bann

PREMO Member
I don't know if Trump is the problem or not but there does seem to be a continuing pattern here. Maybe he's not being upfront and clear with his appointees at the beginning as to what his expectations are and what the ground rules are.

Did you ever watch The Apprentice?

Trump is pretty clear about his expectations. :lol: He tries out personnel and if they don't work out - they're gone. Nothing wrong with that. Why keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? It's crazy. He is not AFRAID of trying things. 🤷

Sapidus

Like Mike Pompeo said The President of the United States is entitled to have the staff he wants. It's TRUMP's policy. He is looking for advisors to facilitate his policies, not try to implement their own. :lol:

So why hire Bolton a known war hawk in the first place?

I thought Trump only hires the best people. Why has he gone through three Security advisors already.

Bann

PREMO Member
So why hire Bolton a known war hawk in the first place?

I thought Trump only hires the best people. Why has he gone through three Security advisors already.

Maybe Bolton is one of the best people. As Vrai stated earlier - he forgot he was the dog and not the master. What is so hard for you to understand about that? He serves (as do all of the Cabinet level positions) at the pleasure of the POTUS. John Bolton was publicly stating differences with his boss. A boss who doesn't suffer fools lightly. :yay:

I think if I publicly disagreed and voiced my differences with my bosses, and made them look bad to their customers, they'd be unhappy with me, and could fire me as well.

Sapidus

Maybe Bolton is one of the best people. As Vrai stated earlier - he forgot he was the dog and not the master. What is so hard for you to understand about that? He serves (as do all of the Cabinet level positions) at the pleasure of the POTUS. John Bolton was publicly stating differences with his boss. A boss who doesn't suffer fools lightly. :yay:

I think if I publicly disagreed and voiced my differences with my bosses, and made them look bad to their customers, they'd be unhappy with me, and could fire me as well.

Yes but why don’t you find fault with the boss who keeps making the same bad hiring decisions? Why doesn’t he vet these people better to avoid the embarrassment, chaos and general feeling of ineptitude that leaks form the Whit house

We put dogs on leashes and teach them commands , bad behavior is usually the owners fault. You can’t blame the dog for being a dog.

This is the 455th departure in less than three years. That is mind boggling

black dog

Free America
Yes but why don’t you find fault with the boss who keeps making the same bad hiring decisions? Why doesn’t he vet these people better to avoid the embarrassment, chaos and general feeling of ineptitude that leaks form the Whit house

We put dogs on leashes and teach them commands , bad behavior is usually the owners fault. You can’t blame the dog for being a dog.

This is the 455th departure in less than three years. That is mind boggling

IMG_1814.JPG

littlelady

God bless the USA

I don’t like Trump’s personality so much, but he stopped the leap frogs in their swampy tracks. It is interesting to watch their reactions to him. They just got back from a long vacay, and the first thing they want to do is continue to try to impeach him. Talk about a tantrum. What happened to our elected officials doing something for the citizens that elected them? Instead of their agenda? I just hope that Trump was the US wake up call; so to speak. Referring to all the Trump resort crap. God bless the USA.

I worry about our country. I have not voted for a Dem in my 64 years, and that will never change. Hopefully. :killingme:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Bolton’s wife runs in hubs running group. She is awesome; 70 plus years. When hub asked her tonight about her thoughts on what happened. She said such is politics. I did not realize that SS just sits in a car in the protected persons driveway all day. What a cushy job. They dropped John off, and left. See ya. Gotta love politics, or not. Go, runners!

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Glad he is gone he is too hawkish for me but I'm going to whine, cry and bitch about Trump firing him for the next three days cause it's what I do!

:yay: Glad you have something to keep you busy!

BOP

I wondered how long Bolton would last in that position. I like his hard-nosed views on world politics but it was pretty obvious that Trump did not share many of them. When it came out that Bolton had been strongly opposing the now-cancelled Camp David meeting with Taliban leaders, I figured Bolton's days were numbered.
The one thing I never liked about Trump was/is this apparent attitude he has that if you, as an employee, disagree with him, that's grounds for firing. That may not be reality, but that's what it's always looked like to me; that if people who work for Trump aren't "yes men," he doesn't want them around.

BOP

I assumed the reason he hired Bolton was to make it appear to various foreign adversaries Turmp is negotiating with that he had an attack dog snarling and foaming at the mouth, on a short leash. Nothing wrong with that strategy...I think, as I stated earlier, Bolton's end came about because his "strong objections" to Trumps Afghan approach became quite public at a time when Trump didn't want it to.
I guess I missed that part. It's never good when you disagree with the boss in a public way.