Bolton out as National Security Advisor

littlelady

God bless the USA
The one thing I never liked about Trump was/is this apparent attitude he has that if you, as an employee, disagree with him, that's grounds for firing. That may not be reality, but that's what it's always looked like to me; that if people who work for Trump aren't "yes men," he doesn't want them around.

The way I look at it is that ‘yes’ people are swamp critters. But, I understand what you are saying. If Trump could just be humble, and get rid of the comb over, I would be a happier patriot.

We don’t have to get into Obama’s Admin. That was much more scary. For the first time in my life, I am proud of my Country, and all. :lol:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Did you ever watch The Apprentice?

Trump is pretty clear about his expectations. :lol: He tries out personnel and if they don't work out - they're gone. Nothing wrong with that. Why keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? It's crazy. He is not AFRAID of trying things. 🤷

Never watched The Apprentice. Reality TV is a waste. The Apprentice is no exception. Trump has been trying to fit square pegs into round holes his whole administration. Bolton's views have been no secret for many years. If it's not a good idea to "keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole", as you say, Trump should've never hired him in the first place. Trump is not interested in people who might tell him what he needs to know. He just wants "yes people" who are basically a waste of oxygen. The fact that he couldn't work out with good people like Mathis, McMaster, and Kelley says that.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Never figured you for a Bolton fan..a warmonger. Learn something new every day..:killingme

I never said I was a Bolton fan. Not sure how you would think that. Not a warmonger either but I do support necessary military actions.

My point, which you missed, was about Trump's hiring methods which leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Trump is not interested in people who might tell him what he needs to know. He just wants "yes people" who are basically a waste of oxygen. The fact that he couldn't work out with good people like Mathis, McMaster, and Kelley says that.
I think your opinion on the matter is wrong. My opinion is that the President has no qualms with people of differing views on any matter under consideration. He however does take issue with those that don't get onboard once he makes his decision.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I never said I was a Bolton fan. Not sure how you would think that. Not a warmonger either but I do support necessary military actions.

I can't keep up with your gymnastics. Bolton should have been fired. Bolton should not have been fired.. LOL..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think your opinion on the matter is wrong. My opinion is that the President has no qualms with people of differing views on any matter under consideration. He however does take issue with those that don't get onboard once he makes his decision.
Exactly..and exactly like any executive "boardroom" functions. Only people with little knowledge or experience in corporate management find the frequent hiring and firing of executives to be unusual. Heck, the large Brit corporation we sold our company to back some years ago changed executive-level managers more often than some people change their underwear.

awpitt

Main Streeter

I think your opinion on the matter is wrong. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

This_person

Point point, which you missed, was about Trump's hiring methods which leave a lot to be desired.
It's not a bad point, to be sure.

I think the problem is the hiring pool. When the swamp (to use the colloquial) has been entrenched as long as it has, it is rather difficult to find someone with the requisite experience except from swamp critters (to further the metaphor). So, Trump hires someone who can pass confirmation hearings, get a promise from the swamp critter to follow the CEO's path, and the critter does so for a little while. However, like the scorpion on the frog's back, they revert to swamp-critter ways. Trump fires them, and starts all over again.

Like Lincoln, like Obama, Trump should be heralded for hiring people who do NOT think like him, and offer him differing advice so he can be sure to have a decent amount of information and not "yes-men". But, in the end, they work for him and need to follow his path. They certainly are responsible for trying to adjust his path with their differing ways of thought, but if they are unconvincing to Trump, he's still the final arbiter of their decisions and policies.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I think your opinion on the matter is wrong. So we'll have to agree to disagree.
That's fine, but if he only wanted "yes men" he would have never considered Bolton in the first place given Trump's desire to extricate us from some of these foreign entanglements.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the problem is the hiring pool.

I agree. Look at the shitfit everyone has when Trump tries to bring in someone from outside the swamp (Linda McMahon, for example). "Oh, she's not qualified! :jameo: " And honestly, the way the Left goes after Trump and anyone associated with him- attacking them in public, going after their families - it's tough to get anyone decent wanting to put themselves in that position.