Bolton out as National Security Advisor

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For me, the recent Comey-off-the-hook deal soured me some. It reinforces Hillary-off-the-hook-still.

When you already know you won't get a conviction, there's no point in pressing forward. That fix is in and there's nothing Barr can do about it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hillary is still walking free.

Get used to it because I can guarantee you that the United States government is NOT going to prosecute her. Yes, she should die in prison, along with her rapist pedophile husband, but that's just the way it goes. Must be nice to be untouchable and able to get away with committing treason, eh?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Get used to it because I can guarantee you that the United States government is NOT going to prosecute her. Yes, she should die in prison, along with her rapist pedophile husband, but that's just the way it goes. Must be nice to be untouchable and able to get away with committing treason, eh?

I hope you are wrong. There is still hope for change. We shall see.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yes but why don’t you find fault with the boss who keeps making the same bad hiring decisions? Why doesn’t he vet these people better to avoid the embarrassment, chaos and general feeling of ineptitude that leaks form the Whit house

We put dogs on leashes and teach them commands , bad behavior is usually the owners fault. You can’t blame the dog for being a dog.

This is the 455th departure in less than three years. That is mind boggling

There are a lot of people who do not think he is making bad decisions. You should check out your sources.

Mainstream Americans love this POTUS! There are any number of reasons they do. I can't even enumerate them all.

Suffice to say that Trump has the cahones to do what has not been done in this country for decades in politics. :yay: He's at the stage in his life where he has already accomplished everything else he wanted to - he has enough money, blah blah blah. He can (and DOES) speak freely and can cut to the chase faster than any professional politician in MY lifetime ever has.

People love him. They will vote him in. Landslide coming - watch for it.

Bann

PREMO Member
Never watched The Apprentice. Reality TV is a waste. The Apprentice is no exception. Trump has been trying to fit square pegs into round holes his whole administration. Bolton's views have been no secret for many years. If it's not a good idea to "keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole", as you say, Trump should've never hired him in the first place. Trump is not interested in people who might tell him what he needs to know. He just wants "yes people" who are basically a waste of oxygen. The fact that he couldn't work out with good people like Mathis, McMaster, and Kelley says that.
Mathis, McMaster and Kelly could not work with Trump. Big difference. Yuuuuge.

PsyOps

Pixelated
There are a lot of people who do not think he is making bad decisions. You should check out your sources.

CNN :lmao:

For these Trump-haters, everything is a bad decision. It's been said many times - If Trump found a cure for cancer, these people would find a way to make it look like a bad decision.

Trump is the boss. He can hire and fire anyone he pleases. He gave Bolton a shot. It didn't work out. :sshrug:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
067.jpg

This_person

When you already know you won't get a conviction, there's no point in pressing forward. That fix is in and there's nothing Barr can do about it.
The Hillary decision far preceded Mr. Barr. While I do not give him a pass, I can swallow the whole "move on" concept since it was already there. I also get that prosecuting her would take out a lot of the government's infrastructure, as it is impossible to think that she e-mailed and received e-mail only from herself - those on the "from" line, and those on the "to" and "cc" lines are all equally culpable for the crimes she committed, and they're likely to be the past president, many previous Cabinet-level officials, many current and previous leadership in Congress, in the CIA, in FBI, in DOJ, in State......taking them all out concurrently would be devastating to the stability of our government. Bad, but stable, is far better than empty and unstable. We've said that for many foreign leadership with whom we've worked, and it's true for us, too. The fix must be slow. I get that.

For Comey, that was directly under Barr. Comey's tail is likely far smaller, and actually more controllable to remove - a large tumor, so to speak. He could have merely accepted responsibility for the small list of crimes of which the public is aware, and be done. It's unlikely he was willing to do that. So, they had a choice of kill him or let him go, and they chose let him go. For all I know, he threatened them with a dead-man's switch (information to be released only upon his untimely death).

I'm far more concerned with Barr WRT Comey than Clinton, and both really suck bad to me, even after all stated above.

Bann

PREMO Member
I never said I was a Bolton fan. Not sure how you would think that. Not a warmonger either but I do support necessary military actions.

My point, which you missed, was about Trump's hiring methods which leave a lot to be desired.
No one's point really matters when POTUS decides to go with someone else in his cabinet, when they serve at the pleasure of the POTUS.

He did win afterall...

truby20

Fighting like a girl
The one thing I never liked about Trump was/is this apparent attitude he has that if you, as an employee, disagree with him, that's grounds for firing. That may not be reality, but that's what it's always looked like to me; that if people who work for Trump aren't "yes men," he doesn't want them around.

That is a typical mentality of those born into wealth instead of those who earned it. They aren’t used to hearing no, so that is their reaction when they hear it.

And yes, I recognize Trump turned millions into billions, but to be born into a millionaire family in the 40s was to be born into a family of extreme wealth.

I believe that his family are the only ones that can honestly give differing opinions from his and still keep that level of respect, I think that’s why his daughter and sons work so closely with him.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Never watched The Apprentice. Reality TV is a waste. The Apprentice is no exception.

It’s not a waste, it is/was a good show and fulfilled its purpose to be entertainment. I watched many seasons and felt that Trump was an excellent entertainer.