Bone head things we did today

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
If I am outside I can hear that at 0800.
Since my place is direct line of sight across the water from NESEA, we get it loud and clear at 0800 every morning. Quite loudly some mornings..depending on atmospheric conditions.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Sporting goods store? I am so going to do that.

I had no idea that rabbits make noise. I heard a godawful screech outside my front door awhile back. I didn't bother to look but the next morning I had a rabbit body right on the outside of the door and rabbit head a little further away. It was probably one of the strays, gagged the entire time I cleaned it up. Gross.
I bet an owl got it. They think bunnies taste like chicken.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I had no idea that rabbits make noise. I heard a godawful screech outside my front door awhile back. I didn't bother to look but the next morning I had a rabbit body right on the outside of the door and rabbit head a little further away. It was probably one of the strays, gagged the entire time I cleaned it up. Gross.
They can scream. Imagine a 9 month pregnant lady outside in the dark spotlighting her black cat to save the baby bunny. Not that I would know anything about that.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Sporting goods store? I am so going to do that.

We had a snake eating a frog in our downstairs window well once. That frog was letting out some blood curdling screams but wasn't fighting at all. :ohwell:

mitzi

We had chickens at one time. There were some young ones he bought (or hatched, can't remember) that we had outside in a cage up off the ground. They weren't small chicks, I guess about midway between a chick and full grown (maybe a teenage chicken). I went out one morning to check their food and they were shredded all over the back yard in pieces. Something had ripped them thru the cage. It was just awful. There was one lone surviving one cowering in a corner of the cage. We were trying to guess what would have done that. A raccoon, a fox?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We had chickens at one time. There were some young ones he bought (or hatched, can't remember) that we had outside in a cage up off the ground. They weren't small chicks, I guess about midway between a chick and full grown (maybe a teenage chicken). I went out one morning to check their food and they were shredded all over the back yard in pieces. Something had ripped them thru the cage. It was just awful. There was one lone surviving one cowering in a corner of the cage. We were trying to guess what would have done that. A raccoon, a fox?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Frogs scream. I can't imagine what it's like to be eaten alive but I've had nightmares about it. Mostly sharks, sharks scare the bejesus out of me.
The next day, I had to get the snake out of the window well. Having the frog inside made it pretty easy to get so at least there's that.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
How did you do that? I had a snake about the size of worm in my house one day. Would have been cute if it hadn't been a snake. I finally managed to slap a mason jar over it but then I couldn't figure out how to slide something under the jar to turn it over so I could flush him down the toilet. He struck the side of that jar over and over. Really looked PO'd. If a big one gets in I'm just going to abandon my apartment and all my possessions. That's the only way out of it.
Took the BBQ tongs and grabbed it and then put it in a bucket to dump it into the woods.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
NOT Raccoons.. they only rip the crop out of their throats, leave the rest of the chicken intact.. Probably a fox.. Had to set up a game camera to catch raccoons in the act.

Had the same, a fox hit us and starting killing chickens for fun.. kill one, leave it, and start to chase the next one..

Spent an hour picking up dead chickens. We found a few feet up.. and then Tracey picked one up.. Feet straight up in the air, stone still. She picked her up, started carrying it to the dead pile.. and it picks its head up and looks around, swear I heard a Monty Python voice say.. I'M NOT DEAD!!

That chicken became her favorite.