Bone head things we did today

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I will be here. Always signed on, so you can't really go by Active Members. Someone used to berate and belittle me for being on and not answering her posts, so I made it a habit now. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm way ahead of you. Of course, my only decorations were lights on the house and LED candles for the front windows. I just need to remember where I put them, so I can store them properly. :ohwell: I only bother with them because I remember how excited the kids were when they were little and we'd ride around in the car, so they could look at creamy-ites.

Don't apologize for being productive. I'm not trying to monopolize your time. That's why I only communicate via this forum and texts. They get answered when the get answered. I've been a control freak in a former life, and don't ever want to go back to that.

Only plans are cleaning up the tool shed to prepare for the spring onslaught. I may even install a window shaker this year, for the summer months.
What's a window shaker? 🤔

nutz

That's me Dr Dolittle. I would love to see a coyote. Had a fox at the food bowl once. Saw that from the window. And I'm still trying to figure out how to get close enough to a fawn to pet it.
coyote are pretty easy to confuse with a mangy dog. Ive seen them close to the farm but not actually on it yet.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Morning Sunshine - I was just thinking of that commercial for eyeglasses, where the woman is petting a skunk. I actually touched it for a brief second and even thought you got a rough coat for a cat.

:lol: Morning!

A tip for Christmas decorations: buy the plastic tubs and stack stuff in those - and then those stack up nicely in a closet or a basement area. You can customize the tubs by buying the size that fits in your closet/room/area the best. (You can further organize it, and put foyer things in 1 tub, outdoor things in 1 tub, etc. )

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I went outside this morning to leave something for the strays and they're acting weird. There's two that are regulars and today they had this weird looking cat with them. So I put the bowl down and sat down to watch them and the only one eating is the weird cat. Went inside, came back out, sat for a few more minutes, regulars still aren't eating. Ended up being a skunk, like a foot or two away from me. Are we still in the bonehead thread?
Good morning! :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That's me Dr Dolittle. I would love to see a coyote. Had a fox at the food bowl once. Saw that from the window. And I'm still trying to figure out how to get close enough to a fawn to pet it.
Need to get a wounded rabbit call.. it will bring in the foxes and the coyotes..

We had a Coyote here that had mange.. I wanted to kill it, but the neighbors wouldn't let me. Saw it run through their yard, and hide in the drainpipe under their driveway.

Totally bald the Ugliest, Nastiest thing I've seen..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sporting goods store? I am so going to do that.

I had no idea that rabbits make noise. I heard a godawful screech outside my front door awhile back. I didn't bother to look but the next morning I had a rabbit body right on the outside of the door and rabbit head a little further away. It was probably one of the strays, gagged the entire time I cleaned it up. Gross.
Tackle Box has them.. They have one where you can pick the wounded animal sound you want.. and another that has the sound and twirls around a fake tail to make it look like a wounded rabbit thrashing around.

And yes, rabbits make a hell of a noise while they are being eaten.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Actually, ask TPD if Ridge Hardware has them?? Always about the local little guys business!!

Don't know how many times I've gone to Lowes looking for something (like a reverse threaded bolt for a circular saw THEY sell) and told "Go to a hardware store!"... First time I just looked at the guy, right in the eye, like, did you REALLY just say that.. stared at him a LOOONG time.. REALLY?

Went to Ridge and the young-un behind the counter took me right to them.

Bonehead

They're supposedly down in Saint Inigoes spotted on the cow pasture next door to me. I'm outside a lot especially in the early hours, hoping to catch that one day. Saw an eagle one year, sitting right in the middle of the field. Just sitting there for nearly 15 minutes. They play the National Anthem each morning at Nesea. I thought it would be really cool if he takes off when they start playing but he left a little before that.
If I am outside I can hear that at 0800.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Oh yeah they do. Had a snake catch a bunny in my garage. The screams were soul shaking.
Caught a King Snake in my yard stalking a rabbit.. he was about 6 inches from the rabbit when I scared the rabbit off.. I never knew a snake could stare at somebody with daggers..

Think I caught the same snake in my garage in my brooder the following year, had one duckling wrapped up, and all you could see of the other duckling was the feet sticking out of its mouth. Saved one of them..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My dad caught a black snake in a bluebird box. You could see the egg it had swallowed just beyond it's head. He milked it out and put it back on the nest. (while I freaked out safely behind the picture window).
Happened a lot in our chicken coop.. would open to find him with a duck egg half way down.. Seems he had issues with the duck eggs, but would try to eat them before the chicken eggs.