Bones!!!!!!!!!!!!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I just finished a book by the author that series is created for called Bones to Ashes. I don't think it was as good as the tv show, it was a pretty complicated plot, and not as riviting as the new Scarpetta novel but a quicker read.

I can't WAIT for Dexter...my MAN....to come back to my family room on 9/27!!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I just finished a book by the author that series is created for called Bones to Ashes. I don't think it was as good as the tv show, it was a pretty complicated plot, and not as riviting as the new Scarpetta novel but a quicker read.

I can't WAIT for Dexter...my MAN....to come back to my family room on 9/27!!

I liked the early Scarpetta novels but the quality of her writing took a serious nosedive and the supergirl Lucy angle bored me.

I hardly ever get to watch Bones, hubby hates it. :mad:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I liked the early Scarpetta novels but the quality of her writing took a serious nosedive and the supergirl Lucy angle bored me.

I hardly ever get to watch Bones, hubby hates it. :mad:
Yeah, I have to agree with you there.
Cornwell is Gay so she has to add that angle to every book now, which is fine, but it gets tiresome all the emphasis that is put on it. Maybe I'm super sensitive to it? I HATED Isle of Dogs. BOOORING. I had to put it away when she brought out the talking CRAB for heavens sake.

Any other good suggestions for true crime or fiction books like cornwells earlier stuff? I like books like Coffin Dancer, Devil's Teardrop etc the Lincoln Rhyme series. Read all of Anne Rule too.
Ever seen Dexter on Showtime?

Last edited:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Yeah, I have to agree with you there.
Cornwell is Gay so she has to add that angle to every book now, which is fine, but it gets tiresome all the emphasis that is put on it. Maybe I'm super sensitive to it? I HATED Isle of Dogs. BOOORING. I had to put it away when she brought out the talking CRAB for heavens sake.

Any other good suggestions for true crime or fiction books like cornwells earlier stuff? I like books like Coffin Dancer, Devil's Teardrop etc the Lincoln Rhyme series. Read all of Anne Rule too.
Ever seen Dexter on Showtime?

I watch Dexter religiously.

Have you ever read any of James Lee Burke? I like the writing style a lot and the Bayou characters have really grown on me. He has a lot of books out and the first thee in the series are The Neon Rain, Heaven's prisoners, and Black Cherry Blues.

Tony Hillerman wrote a bunch of mystery novels set on the huge 4 corners Navajo reservation, interesting stuff and characters.

Female lawyer/thriller novels by Lisa Scottoline
are pretty good too and there are quite a few of them.

**Highly recommended is Dennis LeHane for gritty Boston PI mysteries. Start with A Drink Before the War.

Gristly, dark, suspense with a dash of supernatural for scary night reads try John Connolly. These books had me locking the doors and setting the alarm, kind of disturbing but hard to put down.

I hope you find a writer you like. Nothing makes me happier than a new series to work through!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Want to do a book swap? I have a TON of stuff, true crime (Lots f books) patricia cornwell (most). Do you have any true crime?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Want to do a book swap? I have a TON of stuff, true crime (Lots f books) patricia cornwell (most). Do you have any true crime?

No can do on the book swap. We moved from SoMD to south Texas last year. I don't read any true crime. Most of my non-fiction reading is political and history.