Boo! Edwards wins...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Carpetbaggers, cheaters, and liars are still winning in the state of my birth...

Treen was the Repub gov back in my day at LSU. The first Repub to be elected since Reconstruction. Think about that word ‘reconstruction’. I dated his son. I knew, then, that I couldn’t deal with the politics of it all. What a headache. That is why my last name is not Treen, and I am not married to a doctor. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

WingsOfGold

Carpetbaggers, cheaters, and liars are still winning in the state of my birth...

Treen was the Repub gov back in my day at LSU. The first Repub to be elected since Reconstruction. Think about that word ‘reconstruction’. I dated his son. I knew, then, that I couldn’t deal with the politics of it all. What a headache. That is why my last name is not Treen, and I am not married to a doctor. :lol:
Pro life and pro 2A, sounds like a Dino to me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Pro life and pro 2A, sounds like a Dino to me.

But the narrative will be that this is a mandate against Trump since Trump rallied for Rispone. In the OP article:

Trump fought to return the seat to the GOP, but his intense interest in the race not only motivated conservative Republicans, but also powered a surge in anti-Trump and black voter turnout that helped boost Edwards over the finish line.

If this is really true, how will things play out in 2020? Add this to Virginia and Kentucky.

transporter

But the narrative will be that this is a mandate against Trump since Trump rallied for Rispone. In the OP article:

If this is really true, how will things play out in 2020? Add this to Virginia and Kentucky.

Go back a little farther...it's a pretty long list of losses...and it speaks directly to Trump's incompetent, inept and unfit leadership style.

R's are the smallest voting block.

Trump has done everything to divide and nothing to unite this country. He ran his campaign on a basis of fear and pitting Americans against each other. He has governed the same way.

Trump has been shown what America really thinks of him the two times he has ventured outside of his carefully manicured world in which only people who bow to him are allowed in. Voters have showed him what they think of him in the elections since 2016.

The opposition to Trump is widespread and has been in the majority since 2015. Trump has not enjoyed 1 day before, during or after the 2016 election in which the majority of Americans approve of him.

The R's got smoked in the House in 2018 (despite the spin comrade GURPS pushed...the Rs got smoked). R candidates for statewide office, particularly those Trump supports are losing more than they are winning.

Why are you people shocked that Trump's backing of a candidate is toxic?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Go back a little farther...it's a pretty long list of losses...and it speaks directly to Trump's incompetent, inept and unfit leadership style.

R's are the smallest voting block.

Trump has done everything to divide and nothing to unite this country. He ran his campaign on a basis of fear and pitting Americans against each other. He has governed the same way.

Trump has been shown what America really thinks of him the two times he has ventured outside of his carefully manicured world in which only people who bow to him are allowed in. Voters have showed him what they think of him in the elections since 2016.

The opposition to Trump is widespread and has been in the majority since 2015. Trump has not enjoyed 1 day before, during or after the 2016 election in which the majority of Americans approve of him.

The R's got smoked in the House in 2018 (despite the spin comrade GURPS pushed...the Rs got smoked). R candidates for statewide office, particularly those Trump supports are losing more than they are winning.

Ignore. Period.

PsyOps

Pixelated

There have been plenty of Trump-backed candidates that have won:

Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey
Arkansas Gov Asa Hutchinson
Iowa Gov Kim Reynolds
Ohio Gov Mike DeWine
Oklahoma Gov Kevin Stitt
Tennessee Gov Bill Lee
Texas Gov Greg Abbott
Alaska Gov Mike Dunleavy
South Carolina Gov Henry McMaster
Tennessee Sen Marsha Blackburn
Mississippi Sen Cindy Hyde-Smith
Mississippi Sen Roger Wicker
Missouri Sen Josh Hawley
Nebraska Sen Deb Fischer
North Dakota Sen Kevin Cramer

And a butt-load of members in the house. I get your point is to always find a way to disparage Trump. My point is to show concern of the voters and what they are seeing in candidates. As much as I realize you want government to dictate your life through far left politicians; I also realize you're going to get the government you deserve. I refuse to accept that government running everything, banning everything and destroying our liberties is the best path for this country.

officeguy

Doesn't look like the other one was really trying. 'I'm with Trump' is not much of an election strategy if you are trying to unseat a governor.

littlelady

God bless the USA
They have a 4.3% unemployment rate that being the gold standard they're doing OK I imagine.

I hope so. It is the state of my birth. I will, always, wish LA the best. I don’t think it is in my future that I will ever return there; except when I am dead. My parents were staunch Republicans, even though their parents (my grandparents) thought FDR hung the moon. There was, always, fam controversy about that til the end. :sad: I will never forget when I was 8 years old, got of the school bus, and walked into my house to find my Repub parents crying because JFK was just assassinated. That was Nov. 22, 1963. I say, again that JFK would not recognize his Dem party, today. RIP to my parents, grandparents, and JFK.
It is, especially, sad because both my parents were only children, and at odds with their parents all of their lives. Politics should not tear fams apart. I am glad that my current fam is chill; we have different opinions, but we watch, and wait to see what develops. We don’t get into fights about it. It is, certainly, not worth it. When you think about it, it is a selected voted in few people that make the calls about our lives. I think when they our voted in, that dormant power gene reveals itself. F them. God bless the USA, and family.

Last edited:

WingsOfGold

I hope so. It is the state of my birth. I will, always, wish LA the best. I don’t think it is in my future that I will ever return there; except when I am dead. My parents were staunch conservatives, even though their parents thought FDR hung the moon. There was, always, fam controversy about that til the end. I will never forget when I was 8 years old, got of the school bus, and walked into my house to find my Repub parents crying because JFK was just assassinated.. That was Nov. 22, 1963. I say, again that JFK would not recognize his Dem party, today. RIP to my parents, and JFK.

My wife was born in Monroe (I think) but it was short lived, grew up in Buckhead Hotlanta which I detest! I enjoyed my RON's to NAS NOLA at Belle Chasse, close to NO & Gretna, it was great for a guy on the prowl for a few nights.

littlelady

God bless the USA
My wife was born in Monroe (I think) but it was short lived, grew up in Buckhead Hotlanta which I detest! I enjoyed my RON's to NAS NOLA at Belle Chasse, close to NO & Gretna, it was great for a guy on the prowl for a few nights.

You might know BOP. He was down there in the military, back in the day. Many of my Pi Beta Phi sorority sisters are from Monroe. And, I lived in Marietta GA for a short while. It is a small world, after all. :)

I wanted to add this.
And this...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf7Grjzn8GY&list=PLpMKulxosTwddSC0hD-i_-ahWHlIZmyKj&index=3&t=0s

Mary Margaret Truman was a Pi Phi, and so was Ann Margaret. Go figure! :lol:

Last edited:

WingsOfGold

You might know BOP. He was down there in the military, back in the day. Many of my Pi Beta Phi sorority sisters are from Monroe. And, I lived in Marietta GA for a short while. It is a small world, after all. :)
Well beings Marietta was my twilight duty station I knew it pretty well... I lived in Powder Springs and when retired I worked in Dallas a couple years just to see if I could hold a job and not say pass the ****ing salt. Captain Billy's was a restaurant at the old train station in Marietta and they had all you could eat legs, they were pretty good. There was a place on 41 that absolutely BUTCHERED hard crabs... garlic crabs!:eek::doh: I assume the Big Chicken is still there?

littlelady

God bless the USA
Well beings Marietta was my twilight duty station I knew it pretty well... I lived in Powder Springs and when retired I worked in Dallas a couple years just to see if I could hold a job and not say pass the ****ing salt. Captain Billy's was a restaurant at the old train station in Marietta and they had all you could eat legs, they were pretty good. There was a place on 41 that absolutely BUTCHERED hard crabs... garlic crabs!:eek::doh: I assume the Big Chicken is still there?

I wouldn’t know about Marietta, anymore. It has been 35+ years, but I do remember Captain Billy’s. Yeah, you right. And, I enjoy your humor. :lol:

WingsOfGold

I wouldn’t know about Marietta, anymore. It has been 35+ years, but I do remember Captain Billy’s. Yeah, you right. And, I enjoy your humor. :lol:
Hell I left in 93 for Eastern Shore, I can remember 30 years ago like yesterday BUT I just can't remember yesterday. :(