Boot with Traction?

Cowgirl

Some of the Muck Boots have good tread. There are also things called YakTrax that fit over your existing shoe/boot to give traction.

J

jp2854

i have bogs that have good traction on them. beware though don't try to walk on lenolium with them on or you might slip and break your neck if they are wet that is.

what type of boot?

Does anyone know of a boot that is waterproof and gives traction in the snow/ice?

I have a pair of Bass Pro boots that have ice grabbers on the bottoms. They are small studs. The studs aren't metal and the boots are very warm. Should be able to find them online or at the store in Arundel Mills.

J

jp2854

What are bogs? :confused:

bogs are a name brand. They are waterproof and insulated boots that have traction on the bottom of them. I can ask my mom where she found them if you would like me to? I wear them mainly in the snow though haven't test driven them on ice yet and don't plan to either. Going to stmarys hospital isn't what i want to have happen so i stay far away from anything that looks like ice.

bookrat

bogs are a name brand. They are waterproof and insulated boots that have traction on the bottom of them. I can ask my mom where she found them if you would like me to? I wear them mainly in the snow though haven't test driven them on ice yet and don't plan to either. Going to stmarys hospital isn't what i want to have happen so i stay far away from anything that looks like ice.

Oh, "Bogs" (capitol "B"), heck ya, I have a pair...Bogs Original, tall black, neopream. Nice thick tread!

I also have a nice pair of Hunters Tall, from England. Kinda like Wellies, or muck boots.

JoeMac

I recommend Danner. You will pay for them but they have been the best boots I have ever owned. I paid $160 for my pair. They aren't specifically designed for ice but have good tread and work well in snow. They have a goretex liner that breathes but is waterproof.

dachsom

Does anyone know of a boot that is waterproof and gives traction in the snow/ice?

You can check out Shoes For Crews. They sell slip resistant shoes and boots for the restaurant industry. I no longer work in the industry, but I still order them for walking on ice. They work well for me.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I recommend Danner. You will pay for them but they have been the best boots I have ever owned. I paid $160 for my pair. They aren't specifically designed for ice but have good tread and work well in snow. They have a goretex liner that breathes but is waterproof.

Danner makes an AWESOME boot.. When I was spending >200 days out of the year outdoors, overnight, rain, cold.. I spent the extra money for a pair, and was the best money I ever spent.

Cost me over a 1/2 a paycheck for a pair at the time.

RIght now trying to get a pair of Muck Boots (brand name) as a slip on/ off boot to run out in the yard, out to the shed.. in the rain etc.. but having a heck of time finding a seller. Used to be at Bass Pro Shops, but not anymore.

Last edited:

ylexot

Super Genius
RIght now trying to get a pair of Muck Boots (brand name) as a slip on/ off boot to run out in the yard, out to the shed.. in the rain etc.. but having a heck of time finding a seller. Used to be at Bass Pro Shops, but not anymore.

I believe Tractor Supply up in LaPlata has Muck boots. I got mine from a random internet seller.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I have a 6" high pair from Chippewa that I love. They are waterproof, steel toe, have gripped where other boots have slipped (Vibram outsole), and are generally tough. Only shortcoming is they are not insulated, but I don't work outside regularly, so they're good for me. :yay:

There are also things called YakTrax that fit over your existing shoe/boot to give traction.
I have slip-ons called STABILicers; I use them for snow and ice, where they work superbly, but they could be good for traction elsewhere. REI has them, among other places.

There is a Muck Boots Online store. :shrug: They do have an instant coupon running today too.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I have a 6" high pair from Chippewa that I love. They are waterproof, steel toe, have gripped where other boots have slipped (Vibram outsole), and are generally tough. Only shortcoming is they are not insulated, but I don't work outside regularly, so they're good for me. :yay:

I have slip-ons called STABILicers; I use them for snow and ice, where they work superbly, but they could be good for traction elsewhere. REI has them, among other places.

There is a Muck Boots Online store. :shrug: They do have an instant coupon running today too.

BG found a place that had the ones I wanted advertised, she ordered them two weeks ago and JUST got a phone call yesterday. Out of Stock.. so now have to see if they have something similar to the ones I wanted.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed

Coupon?? They don't have the EXACT ones I want. (Tan Cikanas) but they do have the camo style in my size..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I looked at the Chore Work Boot, which seemed to be the type of thing you said you wanted. 10% instant coupon, says "today", not sure if that means "today only".

Thanks.. Looking for the Ankle high Cikana boot.

No coupons for those.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I'm on to him.
Earlier you were him. Now you're you again. You two do not make this easy. :lol:

You should let him have his shopping trip for boots. If you complain too much, he may develop an urge to stop at the nearest Home Depot on the way back. :elaine: