Borat, 2 thumbs down

janey83

Twenty Something
I saw Borat on Saturday (against my will), and let me just say -- worst movie ever. It's raunchy, rude, vulgar, and the actor -- talked through the entire movie in a fake accent. Oh, and there's a scene where he ruins the national anthem. I want my 82 minutes back.

janey83 said:
I saw Borat on Saturday (against my will), and let me just say -- worst movie ever. It's raunchy, rude, vulgar, and the actor -- talked through the entire movie in a fake accent. Oh, and there's a scene where he ruins the national anthem. I want my 82 minutes back.
I'm thinking you "don't get" BORAT humor...:lol:

Attachments

• Mikey.jpg
    Mikey.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 147

MMDad

Lem Putt
janey83 said:
So it was exactly as advertised and hyped. Were you upset that Jaws was about a shark?

janey83

Twenty Something
MMDad said:
So it was exactly as advertised and hyped. Were you upset that Jaws was about a shark?

I already included in my post that I was forced to go as I with a group that wanted to see it, and I was a guest, so I couldn't be rude and say no. I'm saying, that was a long 82 minutes.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
janey83 said:
I already included in my post that I was forced to go as I with a group that wanted to see it, and I was a guest, so I couldn't be rude and say no. I'm saying, that was a long 82 minutes.

Sure you coulda said no and replied with "Hey, while you guys are watching that movie, I will go and watch this one."

janey83

Twenty Something
jwwb2000 said:
Sure you coulda said no and replied with "Hey, while you guys are watching that movie, I will go and watch this one."

:shrug: But then I would have been rude. It was someone's birthday and this was what they wanted to see. If it was my birthday and I wanted a group to see a movie I wanted, I'd be upset if they all went off & did different things. So I went in w/ an open mind thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so bad. And yeah, it was pretty bad.

janey83 said:
:shrug: But then I would have been rude. It was someone's birthday and this was what they wanted to see. If it was my birthday and I wanted a group to see a movie I wanted, I'd be upset if they all went off & did different things. So I went in w/ an open mind thinking that maybe it wouldn't be so bad. And yeah, it was pretty bad.
Did you make everybody go see the Fraggle Rock Movie for your birthday?

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
I thought it was hilarious. Sacha Baron Cohen is an extremely talented and fairly unique comedian who's delivered a bizzare, razor-sharp comedy masterpiece. One of the funniest films in years and deserving of the critical acclaim and phenomenal box office numbers.

Last edited:
DotTheEyes said:
I thought it was hilarious. Sacha Baron Cohen is an extremely talented and fairly unique comedian who's delivered a bizzare, razor-sharp comedy masterpiece. One of the funniest films in years and deserving of the critical acclaim and phenomenal box office numbers.
Now this is the type of review I expect to read in regards to this movie...:yay:

Nothing personal against your opinion, Janey, but your last "two thumbs up" was given to the remake of "Yours, Mine and Ours"...:lol: