Border crisis experiment

SamSpade

My memory was gnawing at me during the whole ad nauseam repetition of "manufactured crisis" mantra - which utterly
proves beyond any need for evidence that the left cannot think on its own - and I remembered something.

Go to Google. Type in "border crisis" or "crisis at the border". Go to "Tools" and give it a custom range - put the END date
some time before Trump was even running for President.

Voila! You'll find major outlets all bellyaching about the "border crisis" dating as far back as the beginning of Obama's
administration, although most of them will be dated around spring to fall of 2014. An election year.

THAT's what was niggling in the back of my mind - that feeling of deja vu. That sense of "haven't we heard this before?".

This has BEEN a problem long enough. Time to deal with it now, before someone else comes along -
and ALSO ignores it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
My memory was gnawing at me during the whole ad nauseam repetition of "manufactured crisis" mantra - which utterly
proves beyond any need for evidence that the left cannot think on its own - and I remembered something.

Go to Google. Type in "border crisis" or "crisis at the border". Go to "Tools" and give it a custom range - put the END date

Voila! You'll find major outlets all bellyaching about the "border crisis" dating as far back as the beginning of Obama's
administration, although most of them will be dated around spring to fall of 2014. An election year.

THAT's what was niggling in the back of my mind - that feeling of deja vu. That sense of "haven't we heard this before?".

This has BEEN a problem long enough. Time to deal with it now, before someone else comes along -
and ALSO ignores it.

I stopped posting on the forum a week ago, but I still read it. Your post stood out to me, and I was compelled to respond. Like, and all. :yay: You should change your forum name to SamSmart. God bless the USA. :patriot:

Last edited:

Hijinx

and ALSO ignores it.

It has been a round a long time, and every previous President has failed to do anything about it.
The money was there to build the wall, and yet it was never built.

Then along comes President Trump and he makes a decision none of them had the balls to make.
Build the wall, stop the invasion.
Instead of them agreeing , they denigrate the man.
No President in the history of America has had to fight both parties to get something done.
He stopped the shut down and what did he get------nothing.
They wrote a bill that sh*t all over him.

Our country is in a crisis and our law makers would rather fight the President than do what is right.

transporter

and ALSO ignores it.

A my morning laugh...thank you!!!

So just to point out the obvious. You are correct, the "manufactured" border crisis started creeping up during the Great Recession. It was a product of the far right media and Tea Party types. During the Great Recession it was shown that illegals were leaving the US. It was also shown how much illegal immigration has fallen since the late 90s. You know....factual evidence to debunk the far right propaganda machine.

Naturally, you and the people on here ignored the evidence. You ignored the facts.

So here we are. 10 years later. Ignorant people like you and those on here elected a inept, incompetent and unfit person to be President. You elected him largely on two promises...one: he would build a wall between us and Mexico that Mexico would pay for and two, he would drain the swap.

Well, the majority of Americans don't believe we need a wall. Only the tinfoil hat crowd does. So Trump has failed miserably. His own incompetence increased the magnitude of his failure as he had better deals but choose not to accept them. (Of course the moron crew blames everyone else BUT the person at whose feet the failure rests---Trump).

As for draining the swamp...Trump always has been, is, and always will be the definition of the swamp.

transporter

I stopped posting on the forum a week ago, but I still read it. Your post stood out to me, and I was compelled to respond. Like, and all. :yay: You should change your forum name to SamSmart. God bless the USA. :patriot:

You should stick to your promises. But that is hard to do after your nightly bender.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You know....factual evidence to debunk the far right propaganda machine.

Naturally, you and the people on here ignored the evidence. You ignored the facts.

So here we are. 10 years later. Ignorant people like you and those on here elected a inept, incompetent and unfit person to be President.

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated or Selfish ..... or a Russian Bot or a Russian From Minsk

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

SamSpade

No President in the history of America has had to fight both parties to get something done.

By the way - one of my concerns about a third party or independent getting elected President is precisely this -
unless his agenda aligns with one or the other, all such a President will get is stonewalling.

This_person

During the Great Recession it was shown that illegals were leaving the US. It was also shown how much illegal immigration has fallen since the late 90s. You know....factual evidence to debunk the far right propaganda machine.

So, you're saying all we have to do to stop illegal immigration is go back to the policies that destroy our economy, cause massive civil unrest, huge unemployment, and then some might leave?

Midnightrider

and ALSO ignores it.
If it only comes up during election years it is a manufactured crisis.
If it was real they would have done something about it already, according to your research.....

SamSpade

In any event - it bears observation that the border crisis observed in the past is referred to as such - by liberal outlets.
By news sources not widely known for succumbing to pressure from the right.

You can go back a little FURTHER - and find all of our favorites decrying the problem of illegal aliens crossing our borders.
They voted to build walls - or fences - or barriers - and if you all recall - CONSTANTLY talked about a term they used as
"comprehensive immigration reform" which almost always contained a poison pill of blanket amnesty or something VERY close
to it. Most of it is NOT bad - guest worker programs exist, and there are other solutions to solving the problem, although I
don't think the solution is for us to dole out billions to nations hoping they'll fix it themselves, and wipe the dust from our hands.

We now have a narrative from the left that is SO CONVINCED walls don't work - they are claiming they would REMOVE the existing
walls. Beto is the primary instigator, but other leading contenders are getting on board along with the ridiculous slogan of shutting
down ICE.

We still don't have a really good idea how many illegal aliens are here - we're guessing, and some of it actually IS just measuring
the number of legal entrants for which we have no record of them LEAVING. So we assume they're still here. DHS has any number
of measuring it, but it's based on assumptions that can be wildly off - if large populations lived mostly "off the grid" - they're not
likely to appear as anomalies in ANY measure of the population.

That's why we have "guesses" measuring 10-12 million (why such a large gap? don't we KNOW?) - because we're corroborating
anomalies across the board - but they don't all fit. That's why claiming immigrants are leaving is only known because we SEE them
leave. If they sneak back across the border - well, we don't count them. There really might be millions more. So IF there are 16, 20 or
more millions of illegal aliens here - our measurement of them RETURNING is moot, because if you're missing counting ten million
illegals, COUNTING a half million self-deporting means nothing, because clearly you can't accurately count how many are still
coming in.

SamSpade

If it only comes up during election years it is a manufactured crisis.
If it was real they would have done something about it already, according to your research.....

You're saying that our government always swiftly addresses serious problems, if they're serious enough?

You can't be serious.

Midnightrider

You're saying that our government always swiftly addresses serious problems, if they're serious enough?

You can't be serious.
I’m saying if it only comes up during the election and then nothing happens it’s not a real crisis. They wouldn’t have needed to act ‘swiftly’ and it didn’t need to be partisan since both sides support border security during different elections. The reality is that this is just a wedge issue. Otherwise trump would have worked on it first. Instead he saved it for the campaign trail.

SamSpade

I’m saying if it only comes up during the election and then nothing happens it’s not a real crisis. They wouldn’t have needed to act ‘swiftly’ and it didn’t need to be partisan since both sides support border security during different elections. The reality is that this is just a wedge issue. Otherwise trump would have worked on it first. Instead he saved it for the campaign trail.

Well I am saying that it doesn't matter if it comes up in election years - it's like saying you don't have a problem with weight
or blood pressure, because your doctor didn't say so - and you haven't seen him in two years.

I've rarely seen in my lifetime a huge problem that Washington didn't completely ignore until it totally bit them in the ass.
They're like people being warned to leave when a hurricane is coming - they won't do anything - until the storm knocks them
down. Geez, every year they're supposed to do something as simple as PASS A BUDGET - and now they haven't done it in years.
We joined WW1 and 2 AFTER they attacked us.

Big issues get ADDRESSED in election years because they win elections - like balancing the budget or cutting the deficit.
It's been a problem for decades, but no one ever wants to do anything about it, except win votes at election time.
We all know this - election promises don't mean a damned thing.

These kind of urgent issues are still there - we STILL have one of the worst illegal immigration problems in the world.
NO ONE WANTS to do what needs to be done - stop it and deport those here. Everyone who can do something has
skin in the game on the side of keeping it the way it is.

Midnightrider

Well I am saying that it doesn't matter if it comes up in election years - it's like saying you don't have a problem with weight
or blood pressure, because your doctor didn't say so - and you haven't seen him in two years.

I've rarely seen in my lifetime a huge problem that Washington didn't completely ignore until it totally bit them in the ass.
They're like people being warned to leave when a hurricane is coming - they won't do anything - until the storm knocks them
down. Geez, every year they're supposed to do something as simple as PASS A BUDGET - and now they haven't done it in years.

Big issues get ADDRESSED in election years because they win elections - like balancing the budget or cutting the deficit.
It's been a problem for decades, but no one ever wants to do anything about it, except win votes at election time.

These kind of urgent issues are still there - we STILL have one of the worst illegal immigration problems in the world.
NO ONE WANTS to do what needs to be done - stop it and deport those here. Everyone who can do something has

but if your doctor only tells you you have high BP when he has a new drug to peddle and your BP is fine And you have no symptoms the Rest of the time you can be pretty sure it’s a manufactured crisis.

This_person

but if your doctor only tells you you have high BP when he has a new drug to peddle and your BP is fine And you have no symptoms the Rest of the time you can be pretty sure it’s a manufactured crisis.

So, by your estimation, we do NOT have illegal aliens entering the country? That there are NOT illegal aliens who have murdered American citizens? That we do NOT have at least 25% of our prisons filled with illegal aliens?

Or, are you saying those things are not a problem, since they are true?

CPUSA

There's a crisis at our border. There's been a crisis at the border for decades.
I pray every night it kicks in your front door. You deserve it...

CPUSA

You should stick to your promises. But that is hard to do after your nightly bender.
Here...you pathetic little shart... now suck it!!

Hijinx

When you have people that have been deported 7 or 8 times.and still come back you have a crisis.
I read the other day of a guy who has been deported 16 times.

If you had a boat that you had patched 16 times and it started leaking again, it's time to get rid of it.

Hijinx

She has as much right to come here and post as you do.
I don't believe she drinks and comes here after drinking but if she did it is no worse that your having your TDS attacks and come here to spill your puke.