Boss sued over nixed horse sale.

devinej

WOW can you imagine buying a horse that is currently competing internationally for your teen age daughter? i wonder what her level of experience is....

maybee they backed out, out of good sense haha.

i don't know that the springsteins caused the price to go up when they started looking at the horse, if it was going to the pan am games anyway. geez usually those horses aren't owned by just one person/family, but they are owned in shares. that's amazing...but the fact that someone backed out like that, after putting that much of a deposit and having the vet look at it would possibly make the price of any horse go down...

but it sure wasn't nice of the springsteins to tease todd minikus that way...i wonder what the contract actually said about that..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
John Cougar Melloncamp came to ride one of mine when he was for sale..he got thrown so he did not buy him :lol: This is not Julies OSO Sociable...:lmao:

fredsaid2

WOW can you imagine buying a horse that is currently competing internationally for your teen age daughter? i wonder what her level of experience is....

maybee they backed out, out of good sense haha.

i don't know that the springsteins caused the price to go up when they started looking at the horse, if it was going to the pan am games anyway. geez usually those horses aren't owned by just one person/family, but they are owned in shares. that's amazing...but the fact that someone backed out like that, after putting that much of a deposit and having the vet look at it would possibly make the price of any horse go down...

but it sure wasn't nice of the springsteins to tease todd minikus that way...i wonder what the contract actually said about that..

Check out the COTH discussion on this. Daughter has been riding w/ the Madden's, apparently doing well. Thinking the issues isn't the price of the horse but who the horse was to be sold to that makes it so newsworthy. Makes you wish you’d been born into the Springsteen family, doesn’t it? :biggrin:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
When Joan Lunden's daughter was riding in the juniors they flew in by helicopter to try one of my horses out at my trainers farm. I was at work & didn't find out until later that evening. Oh, well.

Last edited:

BZHorseMomE

Check out the COTH discussion on this. Daughter has been riding w/ the Madden's, apparently doing well. Thinking the issues isn't the price of the horse but who the horse was to be sold to that makes it so newsworthy. Makes you wish you’d been born into the Springsteen family, doesn’t it? :biggrin:

I'm sure it wasn't a decision made by to BOSS, but by Frank & Stacia Madden. She did very well in the Equitation weekend at the Capital Challenge & seems to be a very talented rider. With the horse "Pavarotti" having such a bad showing at the Pan Am games I wouldn't want to pay that price. They were to pay $650,000 for "Pavarotti" & then give Todd Minikus a $200,000 horse. What if the horse had broken his leg or injured himself at the Pan Am. Games would Todd have still wanted his $$$ & the other horse. Guess you can't get something like a home owners warranty on a horse?:lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
That's cool! I read his daughter's rode as juniors. Was the horse for him or one of them?

He was for his daughter...he would have been a good horse...He got on and tried to cowboy him... :killingme Sociable did not like that...:killingme That was many moons ago..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I'm sure it wasn't a decision made by to BOSS, but by Frank & Stacia Madden. She did very well in the Equitation weekend at the Capital Challenge & seems to be a very talented rider. With the horse "Pavarotti" having such a bad showing at the Pan Am games I wouldn't want to pay that price. They were to pay $650,000 for "Pavarotti" & then give Todd Minikus a $200,000 horse. What if the horse had broken his leg or injured himself at the Pan Am. Games would Todd have still wanted his $$$ & the other horse. Guess you can't get something like a home owners warranty on a horse?:lmao:

Its called LOSS OF USE to your insurance coverage... :huggy:

fredsaid2

Gotcha! The Boss just writes the check, the trainers make the decision. Lucky girl! :smile:

BZHorseMomE

Its called LOSS OF USE to your insurance coverage... :huggy:

Thanks for clearing that up for me Paso:otter:

Guess taking this horse to the Pan American games after the contract was signed & then the horse did so poorly I would have wanted to back out of the contract too. Kind of like finding out the house you put a contract (& deposit) on has some major problems after the home inspection.

natbugs

wow,lucky girl...she has a different horse for every division...and probably has a groom to do all the dirty work..I am jealous

eventrder

It amazes me that people are willing to fork out that much money for a pet, I love my horses to death but unless that thing is craping gold and mucking his own stall its not worth that! You cant put a price tag on a horse you find dirt cheap put in the blood, sweat, tears, and time and go kick everyone's butt who ever said that the horse was crazy or worthless! I dont care if 850k was pocket change for me I would never spend it on a horse for my daughter or myself for that matter! Sorry had to vent!