Boston lead singer found dead

Otter

Nothing to see here
The album/8tr/cd "Boston" would probably make my top 10 list of all time greats. Never saw them in concert, never figured they would be any good live since they were basically a studio band.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They were supposed to be going out on tour this year and we had a group of us that wanted to go see them.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I was lucky enough to see them back in the 80's. May have been their first comeback tour. I'm not sure if it was the original band or not. I think they had issues with the drummer that were never resolved. I still love the picture on the back of their first album. The drummer has the biggest beach ball afro that is so out of place.

Claff

I saw them on their "Third Stage" tour in 1987, the ninth of nine sold-out shows at the Worcester Centrum not too far from Boston. It was one of the top three concerts I've seen, easily, and I wasn't even all that into them at the time.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Claff said:
I saw them on their "Third Stage" tour in 1987, the ninth of nine sold-out shows at the Worcester Centrum not too far from Boston. It was one of the top three concerts I've seen, easily, and I wasn't even all that into them at the time.

Just found my ticket stub-Capital Center September 8th, 1987.

The official site has this to say

http://www.bandboston.com/

Last edited:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
otter said:
The album/8tr/cd "Boston" would probably make my top 10 list of all time greats. Never saw them in concert, never figured they would be any good live since they were basically a studio band.

I would have thought that too ! but I saw them at Nissan Pavilion in the
spring of 97 and they sounded just like they were in the studio !

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I never did see them live, but enjoyed their music.

Quote: "Mr. Delp’s vocals, overdubbed into group harmonies and grand chorales for songs like “More Than a Feeling,” were a vital ingredient in the sound of Boston, a band whose multilayered tracks were created in the studio by its guitarist, keyboardist, songwriter and producer, Tom Scholz."

Perhaps they did not sound as well live, as their studio recordings portrayed them?

I liked "More Than A Feeling", and another one called "Long Time".

Claff

Penn said:
Perhaps they did not sound as well live, as their studio recordings portrayed them?

I liked "More Than A Feeling", and another one called "Long Time".

I'd say they sounded just fantastic live, but we are talking 20 years ago.

I'm partial to "Peace of Mind" and "Rock & Roll Band" but the whole debut album is classic from end to end.

greyhound

FireBrand said:
I would have thought that too ! but I saw them at Nissan Pavilion in the
spring of 97 and they sounded just like they were in the studio !

I saw that same concert. They had the singer from Orian helping with the vocals. It was great!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Boston's first and third albums are among my favorites. I never heard the second album. Tom Scholz once said that Brad Delp was as much a part of the Boston sound as the Rockman, and I agree.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
otter said:
The album/8tr/cd "Boston" would probably make my top 10 list of all time greats.
:yeahthat: AND I've had it on all those media. :lol:

Never saw them in concert, never figured they would be any good live since they were basically a studio band.
I would have loved to have seen them regardless. I think I still have my black Boston t-shirt somewhere. :yay:

RIP Brad. Your legacy lives on. :larry: :dude:

BlackSheep

Sad, really sad-
Brad Delp killed himself, leaving behind a note in which he called himself "a lonely soul,". The note was paper-clipped to the neck of his shirt, he was found on the bathroom floor, his head on a pillow. He had sealed himself inside with two charcoal grills; toxicology tests showed he had committed suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning.

"Mr. Brad Delp. J'ai une ame solitaire. I am a lonely soul," the note read.