Bourdain in Beirut

Christy

b*tch rocket
Is on the Travel Channel. He just so happened to be in Beirut when they kidnapped the Israeli Soldiers. It's pretty chilling in a way. Filming a travel show, only to get caught in the middle of that whole mess.

Pete

Repete
That dude is weird. I watched one of his shows when he was in Central America and he ate Iguana. :barf:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Pete said:
That dude is weird. I watched one of his shows when he was in Central America and he ate Iguana. :barf:

He is weird. :lol: But this show is pretty interesting. Beirut would be a cool vacation spot if they could just exterminate all the Hezbollah. :shrug:

Christy

b*tch rocket
This show is a trip. They've all moved over to the posh American hotel, and are watching all the action from high upon the hillside. It's all very strange. They're lounging around the pool, drinking foo foo drinks, watching the carnage. :jet:

Pete

Repete
Christy said:
He is weird. :lol: But this show is pretty interesting. Beirut would be a cool vacation spot if they could just exterminate all the Hezbollah. :shrug:
When I was in Israel I met up with some chicks from England. They came there for a vacation. They said years before they always went to Lebanon and that Lebanon used to be the garden spot for European vacationers until the civil war blew the shiat out of it.

Damn shame, it was rebuilding and getting to be a very nice place. Hezbola turned it into a dump again.

Christy

b*tch rocket
OMG, what a jackass. As he films him and his crew lounging poolside, he's in the very same breath trashing Bush for not making a statement, and that it took Tony Blair several moments to get his attention at a dinner. :drama:

Can you tell I'm bored? :ohwell: :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Pete said:
When I was in Israel I met up with some chicks from England. They came there for a vacation. They said years before they always went to Lebanon and that Lebanon used to be the garden spot for European vacationers until the civil war blew the shiat out of it.

Damn shame, it was rebuilding and getting to be a very nice place. Hezbola turned it into a dump again.

I know of a family that lives here, that was in Lebanon visiting family when this all broke out. They are back home, safe and sound.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Pete said:

Just from the background scenery on the show, the place is gorgeous.

turtlebanana

Christy said:
OMG, what a jackass. As he films him and his crew lounging poolside, he's in the very same breath trashing Bush for not making a statement, and that it took Tony Blair several moments to get his attention at a dinner. :drama:

Can you tell I'm bored? :ohwell: :lmao:

You have to give him a little lee way, He was in country with only local news. They are not going to put the US in the best light. HE did keep it real throughout the show. The only thing is I think he should give a little credit to the Navy as well as the USMC. There is still about 2 mins. to go soo hopefully he will.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Christy said:
Is on the Travel Channel. He just so happened to be in Beirut when they kidnapped the Israeli Soldiers. It's pretty chilling in a way. Filming a travel show, only to get caught in the middle of that whole mess.

I love to watch his shows but you're right - that one was absolutely chilling. What a beautiful country being destroyed by war. :ohwell:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Pete said:

That one was :twitch: but the worse was the buffet he attended in some Nordic country. Haggis, anyone? :barf: