• Don't buy real, live plants because you are a commie

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • this space for rent

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...OK, you're out shopping for fresh poinsettias, as any good American would be.

You see a display with a whole bunch of poinsettias boxed up in nice, heavy duty boxes so as to keep your plants safe and dry for the trip home. There are a few plants out of the boxes so you can see what is inside the boxes.

You...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My first answer was "open the boxes and take a peek" but upon split-second further reflection, I'd like to change it to:

Other: avoid boxed poinsettias.

My concern would be how they were watering them in the box, the air circulation, etc, etc. Boxed living plants don't appeal to me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My first answer was "open the boxes and take a peek" but upon split-second further reflection, I'd like to change it to:

My concern would be how they were watering them in the box, the air circulation, etc, etc. Boxed living plants don't appeal to me.

Come on! That is NOT the answer I want!

I WANT:

"Wow! How great is that??? They look fresh based on the date packaged sticker, the samples look great! Peaking in the box, man, oh, man, I think I'll buy two! Or three! I'll be able to get them home without breaking them up and the cold won't bother them if they sit in the back for a little while! Way, way awesome!!! "

:tantrum:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

I don't like this post. Bad post. I'm going to report it as hate speech...

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Who buys poinsettias?

They invariably die VERY quickly, the leaves fall off all over the floor, and they just don't serve a purpose in my house.

:biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who buys poinsettias?

They invariably die VERY quickly, the leaves fall off all over the floor, and they just don't serve a purpose in my house.

Hate speech!!!!!!!! This web site allows evil!!!!!! Where are my RIGHTS!!!????!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't like this post. Bad post. I'm going to report it as hate speech...

It's your own fault. If I were a routine poinsettia buyer, I'd think boxed plants were cool. Unfortunately I had 10+ years of watching the points go from plug to glory and I am fully aware that they are living things, and living things don't come in boxes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's your own fault. If I were a routine poinsettia buyer, I'd think boxed plants were cool. Unfortunately I had 10+ years of watching the points go from plug to glory and I am fully aware that they are living things, and living things don't come in boxes.

Oh, and they DO come in plastic sleeves, yes??? And were born in plastic pots and covered in lead painted decorative pot covers from some ####hole factory in China, yeah????

:tap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Living things don't come in boxes. Would you buy a boxed puppy or kitten off a shelf? Cow in a box?

Whose idea was this?

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I hate to rain on your parade but when I buy poinsettias, I really LOOK at them. I want to make sure that they've been watered, that none of the leaves are dropping or curled up, that there's no insects hiding in there that would travel to the rest of my plants & decimate my friends. In short, I want to look and touch.

You put it in a box and I'm walking right past it in favor of something that I can examine for myself.

I agree with Vrai. Whose idea was this? It's a bad one. Not saying that the person is a bad person, just that this particular idea sort of sucks.

I don't even order poinsettias from florists or ProFlowers/FTD/Teleflora/1800Flowers, etc. for the same reason. When it comes to poinsettias, I want to see and touch in person. And to throw you a sop, I do order plants by mail that come in boxes. Just not flowering ones or delicate ones.

MarieB

Who buys poinsettias?

I had a poinsettia tree for years. I had to leave it behind when we made are first move. My sister killed it :(

Larry, would it cost much more to have something printed on the box telling a consumer what the box does for them? Or perhaps some kind of signage with the display would work.

terbear1225

My answer depends entirely on where these boxed poinsettias are being sold. At Walmart, id walk right by on the assumption they have not been properly cared for. At a nursery or other type place that I know to be reputable and takes care of their product, id check it out

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I had a poinsettia tree for years. I had to leave it behind when we made are first move. My sister killed it :(

Larry, would it cost much more to have something printed on the box telling a consumer what the box does for them? Or perhaps some kind of signage with the display would work.

I am sure that some people have great success with poinsettia plants; I don't.

I guess my reality is that I don't like them enough to want to take care of them, which is why they die. :lol:

None of the above.

Doesn't matter where it came from or how it's packaged or how well it was taken care of before I see it. I walk right by.

Anything like that arrives home, it's dead. Black thumb with indoor plants.