Boy Injured When Gun Goes Off at School

A gun in a bookbag discharged in an elementary school classroom Monday and the second-grader who brought it was shot in the hand, police said.

"It happened in the classroom, just as they were taking their coats off," police Sgt. David Sicilian said.

Columbus schools did not cancel classes, but some parents took their children from Leawood Elementary School. There were 15 children in class when the .45-caliber pistol gun went off, Sicilian said.

The boy's mother "indicated she had no idea where the weapon came from," Sicilian said.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
He's in second grade and she has no idea where the gun came from. I know where my second grader is 99.9% of the time and who she is in contact with, unlike this mother apparently.

fddog

Bow wow
bresamil said:
He's in second grade and she has no idea where the gun came from. I know where my second grader is 99.9% of the time and who she is in contact with, unlike this mother apparently.
:yeahthat: :yeahthat:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kwillia said:
A gun in a bookbag discharged in an elementary school classroom Monday and the second-grader who brought it was shot in the hand, police said.

"It happened in the classroom, just as they were taking their coats off," police Sgt. David Sicilian said.

Columbus schools did not cancel classes, but some parents took their children from Leawood Elementary School. There were 15 children in class when the .45-caliber pistol gun went off, Sicilian said.

The boy's mother "indicated she had no idea where the weapon came from," Sicilian said.
A .45?? If it's a semi- auto, someone had to load it too.. I know a second grader can't pull back the upper receiver on mine to load it.. Lucky if he doesn't lose his hand..