Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy

Smokey1

The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection early Tuesday after decades of sexual abuse claims within one of the country's largest youth organizations.
The petition, filed in Delaware bankruptcy court, halts the hundreds of lawsuits the BSA is facing that allege sexual misconduct by people within the 110-year-old organization over the years.
Sexual abuse settlements had reportedly strained the Boy Scouts' finances, with states passing laws last year so victims from long-ago abuse can sue for damages.

Another institution ruined by liberals. Everything thing they touch turns to crap. Read the comments section, some are trying to claim its "straight" men molesting the boys. Pathetic.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Shame BoyScouts don't have "tithers" that would have kept them out of bankruptcy, and all the molesters could have kept their jobs!

Midnightrider

No but it was liberals who insisted that the Scouts couldn't discriminate against gay scout leaders.
Yet kids were getting molested for decades prior to that decision.
how much did the rate of molestation go up after gays were allowed to be leaders?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Yet kids were getting molested for decades prior to that decision.
how much did the rate of molestation go up after gays were allowed to be leaders?
Probably not much, but it forced them to add it to the merit badge list.

Smokey1

So with your thinking a man has to be gay to be a pedophile?....
Did you go to Anita Bryant University?

No, a pedophile can be heterosexual if they are only attracted to the opposite sex. It seems most of these predators preferred same sex victims so by definition that would preclude them from being considered straight.

nobody really

I need a nap
so what happens when they claim bankruptcy? Is it the end of the Boy Scouts?

If so, that's a real shame. When I was married, my stepson and future ex-husband were very active in it, and so was I. It was a great organization, great kids, and parents.

GregV814

Well, let’s share the wealth!! I think it’s terrible that salivating Chester the molesters aren’t allowed to run a girl scout troop and sell cookies. Sexist, totally sexist!!!

Chris0nllyn

Another institution ruined by liberals. Everything thing they touch turns to crap. Read the comments section, some are trying to claim its "straight" men molesting the boys. Pathetic.

Politics in American in 2020.

Don't blame the individuals, blame the "other" party.

Spitfire

so what happens when they claim bankruptcy? Is it the end of the Boy Scouts?

If so, that's a real shame. When I was married, my stepson and future ex-husband were very active in it, and so was I. It was a great organization, great kids, and parents.

Greetings:

Bankruptcy isn't the end. It is an opportunity restructure debts and liabilities (read: compensate for abuse).

officeguy

This bankruptcy deals with misconduct going back to the 70s and is an issue of pedophiles, not one caused by the handful of gay adult leaders who have joined since the change in policy.