Boy Scouts of America files for bankruptcy

black dog

Free America
If he's attracted to boys, I would suggest YES, he's a gay pedophile.
Gonna assume that straight pedos would gravitate towards organizations that dont have Boy in the name.

THE FACTS
According to the American Psychological Association, children are not more likely to be molested by LGBT parents or their LGBT friends or acquaintances. Gregory Herek, a professor at the University of California, Davis, who is one of the nation's leading researchers on prejudice against sexual minorities, reviewed a series of studies and found no evidence that gay men molest children at higher rates than heterosexual men.
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

WingsOfGold

Yet kids were getting molested for decades prior to that decision.
how much did the rate of molestation go up after gays were allowed to be leaders?
Something we'll never know but displaying a broken warped lifestyle in front of 11 or 12 year old impressionable boys is a recipe for disaster.

Smokey1

This bankruptcy deals with misconduct going back to the 70s and is an issue of pedophiles, not one caused by the handful of gay adult leaders who have joined since the change in policy.

Yes, the problem went back for years. Apparently there were a lot of closeted gays in the organization. Pedophiles go after pre-pubescent children not adolescent scouts. Why can't you admit that there are some gays who are sexual predators just like there are some heterosexuals who are sexual predators?

Smokey1

THE FACTS
According to the American Psychological Association, children are not more likely to be molested by LGBT parents or their LGBT friends or acquaintances. Gregory Herek, a professor at the University of California, Davis, who is one of the nation's leading researchers on prejudice against sexual minorities, reviewed a series of studies and found no evidence that gay men molest children at higher rates than heterosexual men.
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

Straw man argument. No one is saying that.

officeguy

Yes, the problem went back for years. Apparently there were a lot of closeted gays in the organization. Pedophiles go after pre-pubescent children not adolescent scouts. Why can't you admit that there are some gays who are sexual predators just like there are some heterosexuals who are sexual predators?

I never denied that. The problem BSA has is NOT related to the small number of openly gay leaders who have either joined or disclosed their orientation since the policy change. The only thing 'liberals' did to the org is to force them to accept those members. The problem is that the organization systematically hid the problem of pedophiles in their ranks and engaged in a catholic church level of criminal activity to conceal it.

Smokey1

I never denied that. The problem BSA has is NOT related to the small number of openly gay leaders who have either joined or disclosed their orientation since the policy change. The only thing 'liberals' did to the org is to force them to accept those members. The problem is that the organization systematically hid the problem of pedophiles in their ranks and engaged in a catholic church level of criminal activity to conceal it.

Learn your definitions. Like I said, if they were pedophiles their only victims would have been cub scouts. The abusers of Scouts are gay.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
BSA did this to themselves. They had the support of a nation, and decided to piss that away in favor of appeasing the malignant bitchers.

They should have stuck to no gays, no girls, God and country. Every large organization has its problems; BSA is not unique in that. But the Left HATES!! anything having to do with traditional values and patriotism, so they went after BSA, who promptly rolled over and showed their belly.

I thought they taught courage in the Scouts? Apparently not.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So with your thinking a man has to be gay to be a pedophile?....
Did you go to Anita Bryant University?

Okay, stop being stupid.

Heterosexual men don't take a sexual interest in boys. Did you forget what we're talking about here?

Any male Scout leader who molested one of his male charges is gay, and a pedophile as well if he were going after the Cubs.

officeguy

Learn your definitions. Like I said, if they were pedophiles their only victims would have been cub scouts. The abusers of Scouts are gay.

You can join scouts around 10-11, those are 'pre-pubecent' and therefore many of the perpetrators were pedophiles.

Even if you want to quibble about definitions and make a distinction between those sickos who abused the 11 year old scouts vs. those who abused 14-18 yo scouts, it doesn't change the argument: The lawsuits and settlements are not about anything 'the 'liberals' did in the last two or three years. They are about organizational misconduct spanning decades. It's not the actions of the perpetrators who may or may not have been gay. It's the actions of the (presumably straight) leadership and lawyers who knew about the problem and didnt protect the scouts.

black dog

Free America
Okay, stop being stupid.

Heterosexual men don't take a sexual interest in boys. Did you forget what we're talking about here?

Any male Scout leader who molested one of his male charges is gay, and a pedophile as well if he were going after the Cubs.

Is Jared Fogal or Jerry Sandusky men that were both married, had children and both are convicted sex offenders gay?

Most people who sexually abuse children also experience heterosexual attraction to adults. Someone who has sexual relationships with adult women may sexually abuse boys, and someone who sexually abuses children of one sex is likely to abuse children of the other sex.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is Jared Fogal or Jerry Sandusky men that were both married, had children and both are convicted sex offenders gay?

Did they sexually abuse boys?

Then yes, they are gay.

Why is this so hard for you? Or are you one of those "no such thing as gender" people who needs to share your pronouns with us?

Smokey1

Most people who sexually abuse children also experience heterosexual attraction to adults. Someone who has sexual relationships with adult women may sexually abuse boys, and someone who sexually abuses children of one sex is likely to abuse children of the other sex.

In those cases the perps certainly aren't "straight" by definition. You don't want to call them gay when they abuse the same sex but you do want to call them heterosexual or straight. That is insane as well as semantically backwards.

MiddleGround

BSA did this to themselves. They had the support of a nation, and decided to piss that away in favor of appeasing the malignant bitchers.

They should have stuck to no gays, no girls, God and country. Every large organization has its problems; BSA is not unique in that. But the Left HATES!! anything having to do with traditional values and patriotism, so they went after BSA, who promptly rolled over and showed their belly.

I thought they taught courage in the Scouts? Apparently not.

Please do some research and get some facts before letting your air breather convince your fingers to type stupidity!

Over 90% of cases happened 30+ YEARS ago. You know... BEFORE they let gay men be leaders. BEFORE there were "malignant bitchers."

Your relentless quest to align ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to political leanings is just plain tiresome! It must be miserable to converse with you.

Barabbas

I'm not sure why it is so important to either side to declare the pedophiles as heterosexual or homosexual.

They're pedophiles. Isn't that a sufficient label for either side?

black dog

Free America
Oh please, that again. :rolleyes:

I am quite civil to those who are civil to me. Jump my ass on the regular, though, and all bets are off. This is a discussion forum, not your safe space.

Safe Space me? ..... Im not the one in this conversation that when it gets tough tosses out the verbs and stompy foots away...