Bradford?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
WTF?

Has anyone seen or heard rumor of Bradford every even looking at a second receiver, let alone a third? This kid is the #1 qb in the draft? Or even second best?

Everything I've seen on him, he drops back, locked on to the primary and throws it to him. No one gets hear him, he may bother with a little play action but, then right to the primary crossing underneath all alone or on a double move go where the WR has beaten his man by three steps.

And this is who we're interested in???

Otter

Nothing to see here
WTF?

Has anyone seen or heard rumor of Bradford every even looking at a second receiver, let alone a third? This kid is the #1 qb in the draft? Or even second best?

Everything I've seen on him, he drops back, locked on to the primary and throws it to him. No one gets hear him, he may bother with a little play action but, then right to the primary crossing underneath all alone or on a double move go where the WR has beaten his man by three steps.

Every year the 'best' college QBs are over-hyped. IMO, this is an off year for QBs in the draft.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I'd like to see what the freshman kid from Texas who came in for Colt Mccoy in the championship game pans out to be...

He looked really good against 'Bama once he calmed down and gathered his poise...

Big guy, strong arm, be interesting to see how he does in the next 2 years..

nuttshack

The draft is like a crap shoot... Tim Couch was the next big thing... Then you have Tom Brady a 6th round pick go figure!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The draft is like a crap shoot... Tim Couch was the next big thing... Then you have Tom Brady a 6th round pick go figure!!

IT's not a total crap shoot. Look at pro bowl rosters and where they were picked; very, very heavy on first round picks.

My argument is this; what's the goal, pro bowlers or super bowlers? Brady, 6th round, has 3 wins. Peyton, overall #1, 1 sb. What happens if they were reveresed, Manning went to NE, Brady to Indy? I mean, obvioulsy, Indy had one mind set of how to build the rest of the team given they had Manning vs. the Pats didn't even play Brady, let alone build around him, until Bledsoe got hurt.

So, I like to look at SB rosters and see how many first round left tackles there are the last 5-10 years, qb's, wr's, etc and so on to see if there is some sort of non crap shoot pattern.

However, to follow on your point, there is the next level of success; Manning has, obviously, made the Colts a consistent playoff team.

:buddies:

Beta84

They're out to get us
WTF?

Agreed. He had a great season where he had the best offensive line ever and was never touched. He did make reads and whatnot, but he had plenty of time to do it. As soon as he lost the great OL he was hurt not once, but twice, and ruined his season. He could be good but I am not buying the hype. St. Louis passed up on the likes of Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and a few other upper tier QBs the past few years at the top of the draft and this is the idiot they want to pick? :lol:

The problem at the top of the draft this year is everyone is projecting it to be either Bradford or one of the two DTs, with Berry being the top talent. I wouldn't want to grab any of them with the top pick...but if I had to, I'd pick Berry because he's the only sure thing.

Agreed, next years QB class is much better, head lined by Ryan Mallet and Jake Locker
Locker is overrated. Mallet is pretty good but I wouldn't consider him a headliner in comparison to the current QB class.

Brady Quinn comes to mind.
yeah...I'm glad the Fins picked Ginn over Quinn in '07. Ginn completely sucked but picking a top 10 WR bust is better than a QB bust. Quinn was overrated too, but that's why he dropped out of the top 20.

LastSon

Man of Tomorrow
Locker is overrated. Mallet is pretty good but I wouldn't consider him a headliner in comparison to the current QB class.

Locker and Mallet were both rated ahead of Bradford and Clausen before they decided to go back to school for another year. Locker would have to have an absolutely terrible year to not be the #1 pick next year.