Brands....

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Since my car is about to hit 100k she's going to get a lot of work done. Included in that are new brakes, rotors and tires. Any reccomendation on brands. I will not use a Dunlop tire again. I've had them twice on this car and am convinced that they're crap!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If you have a problem with brake dust turning your wheels black, EBC Green Stuff pads have a lot less dust than stock.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
aps45819 said:
If you have a problem with brake dust turning your wheels black, EBC Green Stuff pads have a lot less dust than stock.

I'll check it out. :kiss: How do you feel about ceramic pads? How about slotted rotors? Not the ones that are drilled out but slotted on the sides.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Look here and run you make/model thru.
R&R in San Suci is one of their drop ship points. They'll call you when the stuff comes in and they'll do the install for you.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
:yikes: 100,000 miles and you are keeping it? Okay...where is the real Pixie..what have you done with her?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
:yikes: 100,000 miles and you are keeping it? Okay...where is the real Pixie..what have you done with her?

Well it'll be hard to trade with those miles. So I'm going to keep it for at least one more year. It's still a nice car. I'm growing up.... it's terrible. Pretty painful too. :sad:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
pixiegirl said:
I'll check it out. :kiss: How do you feel about ceramic pads? How about slotted rotors? Not the ones that are drilled out but slotted on the sides.
Not really worth the extra money unless you expect some track time (or drive like you're already there). The slots help dissapate the heat generated with repeated hard braking, not something that happens on your drive to work.

But they look cool :yay:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
fddog said:
as far as tires tell me the size and what you want and i'll get you a good price.

I don't know what I want.... That's why I'm asking for reccomendations. :yay: I just know I don't want Dunlops again. Twice with nothing but problems. :boo:

fddog

Bow wow
aps45819 said:
Not really worth the extra money unless you expect some track time (or drive like you're already there). The slots help dissapate the heat generated with repeated hard braking, not something that happens on your drive to work.

:lol: have you ridin in a car with her :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
aps45819 said:

Not the drilled out ones. Lemme see if I can find a link to the kind I'm talking about.

fddog

Bow wow
pixiegirl said:
I don't know what I want.... That's why I'm asking for reccomendations. :yay: I just know I don't want Dunlops again. Twice with nothing but problems. :boo:
what size are your tires i'll post some prices
:yay: