Brazilian Blowout

DallasRed

I was thinking of getting a Brazilian blowout.

I started reading about it and it doesn't seem safe. Does it really have formaldehyde in it?

What are your opinions on it? Will it really cause cancer?

If you had it done, were you pleased with the results?

StokesPrincess

I started reading about it and it doesn't seem safe. Does it really have formaldehyde in it?

I have never have had it done but I wish I could afford it! Yes it does have formaldehyde it it but doesnt most of the stuff we use on a daily basis effect us negatively? I mean cell phones may cause brain cancer but we still use them alot! One of my good friends had it done and loved it.. It really did wonders. If you get it done please let me know how it works for you.

PrepH4U

I've heard that you are exposed to such a small amount of the bad stuff that it is not a huge issue. I read a fairly neutral article a while ago on it. I would love to have it done.

Not the one I was looking for but it says the same general thing:
USC Chemistry Professor Confirms Brazilian Blowout Poses No Exposure Risk | Business Wire

HAZARD ALERT - Hair Smoothing Products That Could Release Formaldehyde

I would not knowingly put this stuff on my hair. We make sure we buy formalehyde free insulation, we try to limit strong chemicals in the house, why would we intentionally put this chemical on our hair. :shrug:

clockaleanie

I've had it done three times and love it. I have below shoulder length very curly hair and it is hell in the humidity. BB enables me to blow my hair straight if I can be bothered, otherwise it leaves it with really manageable soft curls. Right now it has all gone but the humidity is zero too so my hair is ok. I had some pictures - I'll see if I can post them. BTW, Shelly at Unique Chiq in San Souci did it and she was very reasonable

Attachments

• 63509_1630728661153_1624719834_1490853_6427158_n.jpg
    63509_1630728661153_1624719834_1490853_6427158_n.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 153
  • 74687_1630728901159_1624719834_1490854_4339105_n.jpg
    74687_1630728901159_1624719834_1490854_4339105_n.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 151

drivingdaisy

Most things I've read seem to indicate that the formaldehyde is not very harmful for the person receiving the treatment, more there is a concern for people administering the treatment frequently. The results seem to look great, but I'd be too scared of long term effects.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Brazilian Blowout Craze: Is It Safe? | Fox News

Of course I thought "Brasilian Blowout" was something COMPLETELY different.

Since FOX News is pretty neutral; I tend to listen to what they have to say.
Maybe it's just me. IDK.....