Breakfast

eric14

Nope. My mom wouldn't even buy cold cereal because she knew I wouldn't eat it. Scrambled eggs or a grilled cheese is what I usually ate for breakfast.

Lately I'm on a Bay's English muffin kick. They're so much better than Thomas'.
My brother and sister had no trouble getting sugary cereals like cocoa puffs and trix when I was younger, whereas I'd stick with corn pops, honey nut chex, crispix, or apple jacks, and that was the closest I'd get to sugary cereals typically. Most of the time it was corn flakes, raisin bran, total, special k, or rice krispies. Cap'n Crunch or Frosted Flakes were fine but they didn't seem as filling.

I can tell you right now if I have any nephews or nieces and they get breakfast at my house they're not getting sugary cereals. Only cereals I'd ever buy for them would be cheerios, raisin bran, all bran, crispix, kix, or something without a lot of sugar.

I know the other day we ate breakfast my mom ate pancakes/waffles (which to this date I never really care for, especially for dinner) while I decided to have corned beef hash instead.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know the other day we ate breakfast my mom ate pancakes/waffles (which to this date I never really care for, especially for dinner) while I decided to have corned beef hash instead.

I love pancakes and waffles but I never eat them because I love scrambled eggs more. And corned beef hash - YAAAAAASSSSS!! :bann:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I used to love waffles, but then every hotel took out the omelette bar and put in make your own waffles. I don’t like self checkouts, what makes them think I want to cook my own waffles.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I used to love waffles, but then every hotel took out the omelette bar and put in make your own waffles. I don’t like self checkouts, what makes them think I want to cook my own waffles.
And they take forever to cook when you're trying to get back on the road.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Two over easy eggs, corned beef hash, toast, orange juice, and coffee.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I made a huge omelet Fri and finished it off this morning. Used mushrooms and asparagus and added provolone and swiss cheeses that needed to be used up.
Oh, and big fat green grapes.

SamSpade

I don't care much for most traditional breakfast foods - I don't eat cereal (unless I get a weird craving for it, which is rare) and I don't much care for all bread-type foods - pancakes, waffles, french toast, english muffins etc. Bacon and eggs are fine - I prefer savory over sweet, first thing.

Sometimes make an exception for rye bread. Rye toast and butter, and I'm good.

But even sausages are often made with maple flavor. Meats shouldn't be sweet.

MOST mornings, it's either leftovers or just coffee, although baby girl is getting me used to rice with a little seasoning for breakfast.
Maybe I'll teach her how to make congee.

DaSDGuy

Not really a breakfast person. Mostly coffee, preferably fresh roasted beans from Peets, coarse ground in the burr grinder and infused with almost boiling water in the Chambord French Press.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Not really a breakfast person. Mostly coffee, preferably fresh roasted beans from Peets, coarse ground in the burr grinder and infused with almost boiling water in the Chambord French Press.
Me too. I'm just not hungry early in the morning.

Plus, my company closed down our cafeteria. The owner was wasting too much money at local auctions.

:ducksandruns:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Me too. I'm just not hungry early in the morning.

Plus, my company closed down our cafeteria. The owner was wasting too much money at local auctions.

:ducksandruns:
Did the cafeteria serve anything besides smoked oysters in Corona?