Breaking News

warneckutz

Have fun while the rest of us are working and paying taxes to support your gaming ass.

Not bitter. Just have watched this guy for a couple years getting orgasmic over gaming while having to have his mother haul him to these opening events.

Like last November wanting to know how many days off work everyone was taking when something or other was released.
Lighten up, Francis...
Gullible much? :lmao:

:killingme

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
Not bitter. Just have watched this guy for a couple years getting orgasmic over gaming while having to have his mother haul him to these opening events.

Like last November wanting to know how many days off work everyone was taking when something or other was released.

My mom doesn't have to drive me around thank you very much. I have my drivers license and can drive myself.

Last November was the release of Halo 4. Duh! Everybody thats cool knows that.

FISHTAIL

Coordinating the Truth
Don't worry about those people, they're a bunch of hypocrites anyways with all the time they spend online (as clearly evidenced by the amount of time they spend specifically on SOMD).

We got the red ring of death on ours a year or two ago and have been debating whether or not to get it repaired or just wait for the next one. The husband is fond of his Playstation, which we've used in the meantime, but I just don't love it like the XBox.

Believe it or not, my launch console still works, but I don't use it all that often anymore. It's upstairs so my wife can play the lego games. I got one of the new slimmer versions when they came out because they are so much quieter. It lets me play at night after the wife/kid are in bed at low volumes and still be able to hear the game, and not the console.

And I wasn't worried about that fella per-se, I just get tired of the negative connotation that gamers get. I play, I have no shame in that. But I also enjoy lots of other things (cars primarily, but also biking, photography, fishing, camping, reading, etc) that don't involve sitting in front of a TV. Heck, my Dad still plays sometimes. We got him a 360 a couple of years ago for his birthday so he could play oblivion, skyrim and mass effect.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
What's your point? I'm not the one assuming another poster's interest in gaming equates them to a jobless mooch. In fact, I didn't say anything critical of anyone's time spent online except that you're not really in a position to be judgemental of someone's interest in video games if you have a history of posting on a local internet forum regularly throughout the day. Common work days during common work hours, at that.

:shrug:

His point is that YOU have no room for comment what so ever based on your online time calculation. Besides, why should you care about any of this? Are you the mother of xbox? If you are... that should splain alot! And for those of us that work our a@@es off everyday, day in, and day out... to come on here and read about childish baloney like it's the new mania... why it upsets some people. They feel unappreciated and maybe in the pits! Support would be better than reply like a skank! Just sayin' :whistle:

Hank

my war
His point is that YOU have no room for comment what so ever based on your online time calculation. Besides, why should you care about any of this? Are you the mother of xbox? If you are... that should splain alot! And for those of us that work our a@@es off everyday, day in, and day out... to come on here and read about childish baloney like it's the new mania... why it upsets some people. They feel unappreciated and maybe in the pits! Support would be better than reply like a skank! Just sayin' :whistle:

eat a dick

Beta84

They're out to get us

:killingme

that was classic

Beta84

They're out to get us
Do you amuse yourself with your 3rd grade bully replies? Maybe we should call you Dank... a little slow, but a face only a mother could love! Go be somebody sometime soon, will ya?

holy crap...Hank doesn't exist? My mind = blown. What a plot twist! :popcorn:

MMM_donuts

1. Sure I do. I'm not being hypocritical, just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy. I absolutely actively engage in online foruming. So? I haven't complained about how anyone chooses to use their recreational time - online or otherwise. People that chide others for a similar behavior in which they engage deserve to have their hypocrisy called out.

2. I came to this forum and I care about this topic because gaming is an activity in which I engage and am interested in - especially the topic of the newest XBox system since mine is currently in need of repair...or replacement. I am no one's mother.

3. I could likely spank the pants off you and a heck of a lot of others when it comes to working hard every day. Maybe that's something that should be considered before judgement is passed. Not only do I work an insane amount of non-traditional hours each week, they are fast paced, high pressure, physically demanding hours that are inconsistant, unpredictable, and in an environment that has a higher than normal degree of risk and is void of all social media. Even when I'm not working, I must still meet very specific standards that limit my choice personal activities. For my first degree, I used my GI Bill, the second I paid for out of pocket. I, no - we - my husband and I- are in our early thirties and have no debt with the exception of a mortgage, are active, healthy, and independent. Which brings me to #4..

4. YOU feel unappreciated?! Please. A gamer starts a thread to discuss the new XBox with others that share in their excited anticipation when others bring their hypocritical assumptions of gamers being jobless mooches into said thread despite the fact that those people do not even participate in gaming, have no interest in it, and are clearly unfamiliar with their target audience. Now a bunch of gamers are (again) having to defend themselves against a baseless stereotype. THAT's why you'll get little support from this girl.

Maybe some education would help ease some of that resentment.

Just sayin. :whistle:

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I mean case of real "self-denial". Read the prior post at your own leisure and expense. You'll never be the same... lol. :bigwhoop:

rmorse

Believe it or not, my launch console still works, but I don't use it all that often anymore. It's upstairs so my wife can play the lego games. I got one of the new slimmer versions when they came out because they are so much quieter. It lets me play at night after the wife/kid are in bed at low volumes and still be able to hear the game, and not the console.

And I wasn't worried about that fella per-se, I just get tired of the negative connotation that gamers get. I play, I have no shame in that. But I also enjoy lots of other things (cars primarily, but also biking, photography, fishing, camping, reading, etc) that don't involve sitting in front of a TV. Heck, my Dad still plays sometimes. We got him a 360 a couple of years ago for his birthday so he could play oblivion, skyrim and mass effect.

Ha! I used to be able to say that my original Elite still worked (with an embarrassingly high number of hours on it) but it just died.... :( Didn't get RRoD, but the disc drive took a dump on me. Just picked up an elite and holy crap it's quiet!

And for the record....I do have a life as well. I'm 26, own my own house, into cars, ride motocross, have a steady GF (pushing 9 years with her), etc. I just love halo. :buddies: