Breaking News!

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The newly released search warrant of Mar-a-Lago claims that Trump had recently aquired all six infinity stones and was keeping them on a fully assembled infinity gauntlet in his closet.

"When our mole inside Mar-a-Lago told us that President Trump secured the Mind Stone, we couldn't afford to delay — we knew he had already acquired the Power, Space, Reality, Soul, and Time stones, and we had to treat the situation with urgency." Justice Department head Merrick Garland took the stand today to defend the raid on the former President's house, saying that the "bad optics" were a small price to pay compared with the imminent threat of a fully-functional gauntlet wielded by such a formidable opponent.

SamSpade

I'm still kind of amazed that they got the warrant on a Friday - and it was SO VERY important (that, I suppose, he got the last stone!) they planned a full on raid on Mar-A-Lago.....

But - decided first, to take the weekend off. It was so urgent it had to acted on immediately - but not enough to spoil a weekend.

HemiHauler

I'm still kind of amazed that they got the warrant on a Friday - and it was SO VERY important (that, I suppose, he got the last stone!) they planned a full on raid on Mar-A-Lago.....

But - decided first, to take the weekend off. It was so urgent it had to acted on immediately - but not enough to spoil a weekend.

Your analyses are usually a bit more urbane than this.

*This* is your take?

SamSpade

Your analyses are usually a bit more urbane than this.

*This* is your take?
It's not the only one.

Let me mention something that used to come up in Bible discussions, years ago. When Pharaoh was troubled by plagues, he would plead with Moses to stop them, promising the let the people go - and then he'd go back on his word. In one of the plagues - frogs - he begged Moses to stop them. Moses basically said - any time you want, just promise to let the people go.

Now - if your palace were swarming with FROGS everywhere - WHEN would you say?

If you weren't a smartass, you'd say "Moses - RIGHT f---ing NOW!". But he doesn't. He sneers and says "Tomorrow".
Now maybe in Bible wording, that's another way of saying as soon as possible, but when you READ it, it sure looks funny.
I can't stand it in the evening when the frogs in my neck of the woods are SO LOUD I can't sleep, but I sure wouldn't want them crawling on me.

So - what did that mean? It wasn't THAT urgent.

SOMEHOW, what Trump had was SO DANGEROUS, they needed to go in full force and grab what they could, giving him no warning, no chance of ditching the documents.

But - meh - it can wait. I've got better things to do than go on my day off. Sure, the WORLD could end, but I am not missing my Sunday tee time.

Does that explain it better?

Kind of like, when they raided Roger Stone's house. CNN was ALREADY there, waiting for them to show up so they could film it. Now, Stone's guilt notwithstanding, calling in the CNN crew is purely an act of political grandstanding. They never woke Hillary in the early morning at Chappaqua to grab her server. Stone was theater.

Ditto Trump. They didn't need to go in and make a show, because their actions said -

It wasn't urgent.

SamSpade

Wasting your time. He is is like the rest of the TDS crowd believing he had nuclear weapons at his estate.
I don't think anyone really thinks that. What is interesting is that the press has gone to town on this whole NUCLEAR thing - and yet the warrant says nothing about that.

Basically, the nuclear part was made up. In Trump parlance - "fake news". It was uttered, because it's highly - what's the word - flammable - clickable - it gets noticed. Kind of like the Capitol cop who was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher, when in reality no such thing happened. One person says it, and without corroborating the story, it takes form as a kind of "fact" that no one's bothered to prove.

What he likely had was sensitive material, which without knowing the law, he is probably entitled to - and the documents were claimed to have been declassified as far back as February.

I don't know what it's called, but to get a warrant you have to show WHY you need it - and I'd like to see THAT.

Because - my gut feeling is - if they can somehow convict Trump of a felony, they can stop a Presidential campaign. Also - gut feeling - I think what he has in his possession is on the order of something most ex-Presidents have.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money] Croupier: Your winnings, sir.
Captain Renault: Oh, thank you very much. Everybody out at once!

I think this is all a stunt.

My gut also says - he's going to pretend he's running all the way to a point where he can maximally deflect from other candidates. I don't think he really wants the job again. I think he's pulling a head fake - making you think he's going THERE when he intends to go HERE.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don't know what it's called, but to get a warrant you have to show WHY you need it - and I'd like to see THAT.
That would be the affidavit.

I heard an interesting take as to what the "raid" was really after, that being those documents that had been declared as attorney-client privileged or those that were declared as having executive privilege. They couldn't get them any other way then by corrupt action.

SamSpade

That would be the affidavit.

I heard an interesting take as to what the "raid" was really after, that being those documents that had been declared as attorney-client privileged or those that were declared as having executive privilege. They couldn't get them any other way then by corrupt action.
I still wonder if they're incriminating documents about the FBI. Why would they get a warrant that gave them such broad capability to search every nook and cranny?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Why would they get a warrant that gave them such broad capability to search every nook and cranny?
Because the DOJ has weaponized itself to assist the Jan 6 committee and the SDNY to "get Trump" by any means necessary to prevent him from any further disruption of the DC regime should he run again.

HemiHauler

I still wonder if they're incriminating documents about the FBI. Why would they get a warrant that gave them such broad capability to search every nook and cranny?
Paul Manafort was provided copy of his affidavit in support of the search warrant executed against him. He alleged 4th A violations, and the government redacted the usual sources & methods (or whatever language they use) and made it public.

Perhaps we will eventually get there in this case. It likely won't help Trump at all. Manafort was eventually indicted on that warrant. Federal prosecutors have north of 98% success rate.

HemiHauler

It's not the only one.

Let me mention something that used to come up in Bible discussions, years ago. When Pharaoh was troubled by plagues, he would plead with Moses to stop them, promising the let the people go - and then he'd go back on his word. In one of the plagues - frogs - he begged Moses to stop them. Moses basically said - any time you want, just promise to let the people go.

Now - if your palace were swarming with FROGS everywhere - WHEN would you say?

If you weren't a smartass, you'd say "Moses - RIGHT f---ing NOW!". But he doesn't. He sneers and says "Tomorrow".
Now maybe in Bible wording, that's another way of saying as soon as possible, but when you READ it, it sure looks funny.
I can't stand it in the evening when the frogs in my neck of the woods are SO LOUD I can't sleep, but I sure wouldn't want them crawling on me.

So - what did that mean? It wasn't THAT urgent.

SOMEHOW, what Trump had was SO DANGEROUS, they needed to go in full force and grab what they could, giving him no warning, no chance of ditching the documents.

But - meh - it can wait. I've got better things to do than go on my day off. Sure, the WORLD could end, but I am not missing my Sunday tee time.

Does that explain it better?

Kind of like, when they raided Roger Stone's house. CNN was ALREADY there, waiting for them to show up so they could film it. Now, Stone's guilt notwithstanding, calling in the CNN crew is purely an act of political grandstanding. They never woke Hillary in the early morning at Chappaqua to grab her server. Stone was theater.

Ditto Trump. They didn't need to go in and make a show, because their actions said -

It wasn't urgent.

I understand. But there is an entire universe of reasons for this FBI special agents don't really get "weekend time". Sure, they have time off, but they routinely work weekends.

A residence I lived in my final year of school had a search warrant served to the address and occupants. It was college in the early-to-mid 80s and lots of drugs bought, sold, consumed, etc. The warrant was dated several days prior to execution. The reason for that was that we were under surveillance and they cops wanted to make sure all of us were at home when it was served so that we could all be arrested.

A million reasons why they likely waited.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A residence I lived in my final year of school had a search warrant served to the address and occupants. It was college in the early-to-mid 80s and lots of drugs bought, sold, consumed, etc. The warrant was dated several days prior to execution. The reason for that was that we were under surveillance and they cops wanted to make sure all of us were at home when it was served so that we could all be arrested.

A million reasons why they likely waited.
I see clearly now.