Breast Cancer Walk

tiffy108

I am participating in the 3-day Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer walk and although most of you do not know me, I am asking for your help. I have to raise $2300 in order to walk. I am walking with a team of 6 women, 1 of which is a survivor. We are hoping that we touch enough people and even though times are hard right now, the smallest donation will help. If you are willing to donate, please follow the link below. As we walk, we will be wearing t-shirts with those who have supported us/sponsored us. Please help us, so that we may help others!

https://secure3.convio.net/npt/site...donation=form1&PROXY_ID=3136580&PROXY_TYPE=20

carie_47421

Yea Right
The 3 day Avon walk is a SCAM!! you pretty much have to sign your life away and promise you will be "donating” $1800.00 per person, what a donation huh??? not by team either, PER PERSON!!! I have done extensive research on this, and it is NO good. If you don’t have the $1800.00 by walk day, expect to write a personal check! GO AVON! Way to bend people over

The way to go is the Susan Koman race for the cure, you pay $30.00 and get a shirt walk ALL day...I have a teamed formed for the up and coming race in DC June 6th

:starcat:

tiffy108

Yeah, This walk is a 3-Day 60 Mile walk in October and I do think it's kind of crappy to make people come up with a certain amount before you can walk. And you are correct, if you don't come up with the money in time, you have to fork over the rest in order to walk. The only reason I'm doing this is in hope that some day nobody will have to go through it and I have a friend who had to go through it so hopefully doing this will raise money but also awareness. I wasn't thrilled about raising the money but I'm thrilled to do something for a good cause.

tiffy108

I would but now I'm just finding out about that one. I've been signed up for a month for the one in October so I can't back out now. I'll just have to keep it in mind for the next time and just do what I can for this time. Thanks for the advice!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I've known people who couldn't come up with the entire amount and ended up not walking. I never thought that made much sense.

Personally, I participate in Calvert County's Relay for Life, held every June. This year will be my 3rd year. What I like about Relay is that most of the money raised stays in the local area. I started walking in memory of my Dad -- unfortunately, each year I have to add someone else's memory to my list. If anyone is interested in participating in this year's event in Calvert County, here is the link to the local event:

The American Cancer Society:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
The 3 day Avon walk is a SCAM!! you pretty much have to sign your life away and promise you will be "donating” $1800.00 per person, what a donation huh??? not by team either, PER PERSON!!! I have done extensive research on this, and it is NO good. If you don’t have the $1800.00 by walk day, expect to write a personal check! GO AVON! Way to bend people over

The way to go is the Susan Koman race for the cure, you pay $30.00 and get a shirt walk ALL day...I have a teamed formed for the up and coming race in DC June 6th

Got a link for this one?

I wanted to do the 3 day 60 mile walk but I know I would never be able to raise $2300

lbreder

2into4
Im doing the Avon walk coming up May 2nd and 3rd. My friend decided shes not going to do the walk now. I have never walked before like this. Im not really sure where to go and walking by myself is ok, its not about me but would like to walk with someone. Im still trying to raise the money luckily I have friends who are helping and being very supportive.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

This isn't an ALL day walk. It's a 5K which is about an hour.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I was going to do the 3 day walk with my Sister and Nieces until I found out the stupid rules.

I mean wouldn't you think that if people wanted to walk and could only raise $100 thats better than nothing :shrug: I know of at least 10 people that would have participated if not for the $2,000 minimum.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Im doing the Avon walk coming up May 2nd and 3rd. My friend decided shes not going to do the walk now. I have never walked before like this. Im not really sure where to go and walking by myself is ok, its not about me but would like to walk with someone. Im still trying to raise the money luckily I have friends who are helping and being very supportive.

Walk with us. You are more than welcomed to!

lbreder

2into4
Walk with us. You are more than welcomed to!

Thank you! I would like to. I called a lady today about getting information that I know nothing about. Sounds strange, huh! Well, Im still raising money and trying to pull it together. I would like to walk and talk with anyone. I think it would make it much easier and more fun!

diva777

If anyone is interested in finding out more info, My company participates in a charitable foundation and we donate all of our proceeds from certain sales to breast cancer research, autism fund and multiple sclerosis. Over the past week at a convention I attended we donated almost $50,000 in cash from just our company. It was great:smoochy: Passion Parties by Kathy

watercolor

yeah yeah
Thank you! I would like to. I called a lady today about getting information that I know nothing about. Sounds strange, huh! Well, Im still raising money and trying to pull it together. I would like to walk and talk with anyone. I think it would make it much easier and more fun!

Seriously- hit us up.. we will walk with you.