Breezeline Bill

SamSpade

Mine went up about fifty bucks - from last month. No, didn't do anything special. They just raised fees, raised package cost and inexplicably LOWERED a discount they'd given me on a deal I got a couple years back. You know, X amount of dollars OFF this package until such and such a date?

Yeah, they LOWERED that - a lot.

I hate these guys. It will take two seconds to dump them once there's a good alternative.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Mine went up about fifty bucks - from last month. No, didn't do anything special. They just raised fees, raised package cost and inexplicably LOWERED a discount they'd given me on a deal I got a couple years back. You know, X amount of dollars OFF this package until such and such a date?

Yeah, they LOWERED that - a lot.

I hate these guys. It will take two seconds to dump them once there's a good alternative.
Mine went up a couple of months ago. I called and got it lowered to less than it was before.

SamSpade

Mine went up a couple of months ago. I called and got it lowered to less than it was before.
How'd you manage that? Some time back, I simply threatened to QUIT - but I meant it.
They gave me the deal I've had for a while, but the prices have been inching upward each year.

Did they - cave quickly? Or did you have to haggle?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
How'd you manage that? Some time back, I simply threatened to QUIT - but I meant it.
They gave me the deal I've had for a while, but the prices have been inching upward each year.

Did they - cave quickly? Or did you have to haggle?
I called to ask why the hike and she was very accommodating and gave me a better deal. Ill probably have to call again in a year, but that's fine. I do every year for my Serius radio.

Blister

We are test driving Hulu +. One month in and I am canceling Breezy except for internet. More than enough content for us. I suppose as soon as they lose enough cable customers then cable internet price will skyrocket.

CRHS89

I thought you were going to tell us a story about a Breezeline Tech named Bill that came to work on your issues :lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Yeah, and I haven't a clue what the heck that is, other than "fee with weird name we put any price on".
It is in your Breezeline Residential Subscriber Agreement. It says - "The “High-Speed Network Recovery Fee” recovers a portion of our investment to expand network capacity to deliver faster Internet Service." Or in other words - we got you hooked so now we will milk you dry since there is no real competition in your area.

OccamsRazor

It is in your Breezeline Residential Subscriber Agreement. It says - "The “High-Speed Network Recovery Fee” recovers a portion of our investment to expand network capacity to deliver faster Internet Service." Or in other words - we got you hooked so now we will milk you dry since there is no real competition in your area.
Now imagine if Ford, Chevy, etc. charged you a monthly "Automation Recovery Fee" when you bought a new vehicle so they could "Expand on their capacity to deliver better vehicles in a faster way." How would THAT go over?

SamSpade

Ahh - so they are charging me more for improving their service.
That would be good to know WHEN I EVER SEE IT. I get dropped much more often since they changed their name.

SamSpade

Now imagine if Ford, Chevy, etc. charged you a monthly "Automation Recovery Fee" when you bought a new vehicle so they could "Expand on their capacity to deliver better vehicles in a faster way." How would THAT go over?
Pah. It's not like they don't keep raising the price of cars, period. Granted, my first car was 35 years ago, but the cost of a new car - that I bought - has more than quadrupled in that time, while inflation has NOT.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Pah. It's not like they don't keep raising the price of cars, period. Granted, my first car was 35 years ago, but the cost of a new car - that I bought - has more than quadrupled in that time, while inflation has NOT.
All those chips made from unobtainium giving all the creature comforts that people have come to expect cost lots of money. It's come to the point of making a DIYer a thing of the past. Hell, today's outboard boat motors have more electronics than all 3 of my old beaters combined.

OccamsRazor

The problem is that there is no choice. If all these "additions" were selectable then very little car buyers would probably get them. If I knew I could get a brand new vehicle without a lot of these creature comforts and un-needed electronics for $15-20K less then I would.

SamSpade

All those chips made from unobtainium giving all the creature comforts that people have come to expect cost lots of money. It's come to the point of making a DIYer a thing of the past. Hell, today's outboard boat motors have more electronics than all 3 of my old beaters combined.

Odd, because in the 80's, it was widely promoted that replacing mechanical parts with electronic ones would massively drop the cost of making a car.I remember conversations about regular household appliances - with mechanical gears and springs etc. - being "improved" with what was touted as cheap silicon to replace antiquated mechanics.

Of course, there's also the fact that cars have been redone over the last thirty years with much less metal and more improvements to satisfy legislation. I always wondered why my '84 Omni got 40+ miles to the gallon, but nothing has come close, since.