Breezy Point Beach and Campground

Elle

Happy Camper!
Anyone ever camped here? Looks like a lot of seasonal sites and that's usually not where I like to be - but was thinking it could be a close to home weekend trip

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'm about 10 minutes from there. Never camped there but it's okay...just a campground, nothing special.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Anyone ever camped here? Looks like a lot of seasonal sites and that's usually not where I like to be - but was thinking it could be a close to home weekend trip

Well alot of weekends you'll have alot of people from P.G. come down and "take over" the beach. If you don't mind that then it is very nice.

Actually it is a very nice place but some of the crowd can be less than desireable. Just from what I've seen on the way to the boat ramp anyway.

poster

I have been a visitor to one of the seasonal sites and it is very nice.
Their area of the beach is pretty much private to the campers.
LOTS of kids. I don't remember seeing extra sites though.
The bath house was clean and looked almost new.
If you're close enough I'd do a drive through and check it out ahead of time.

C

CalvertNewbie

Well alot of weekends you'll have alot of people from P.G. come down and "take over" the beach. If you don't mind that then it is very nice.

Actually it is a very nice place but some of the crowd can be less than desireable. Just from what I've seen on the way to the boat ramp anyway.

:yeahthat: It's a pretty place that I had planned to spend the day at. I drove through there about 3 weeks ago and just turned around and left. They do seem to bus the ghetto rats in, at least on the Sunday I went there. I felt like I was in Mexico or something. They were yelling very loudly in spanish, disturbing others who were trying to relax. Most of them were dressed like thugs, even though they were at a beach. I tend to get irritated when mass quantities of people "no speaka english" so I felt it was better to just leave.

T

toppick08

:yeahthat: It's a pretty place that I had planned to spend the day at. I drove through there about 3 weeks ago and just turned around and left. They do seem to bus the ghetto rats in, at least on the Sunday I went there. I felt like I was in Mexico or something. They were yelling very loudly in spanish, disturbing others who were trying to relax. Most of them were dressed like thugs, even though they were at a beach. I tend to get irritated when mass quantities of people "no speaka english" so I felt it was better to just leave.

Sounds like Elm's Beach on a Holiday weekend....hard to find a Maryland tag.

C

CalvertNewbie

Sounds like Elm's Beach on a Holiday weekend....hard to find a Maryland tag.

It's a shame, it really is a pretty place. Do they come by the bus loads to Elm's Beach, too? There were 2 huge buses with spanish writing on the side at Breezy Point.

T

toppick08

It's a shame, it really is a pretty place. Do they come by the bus loads to Elm's Beach, too? There were 2 huge buses with spanish writing on the side at Breezy Point.

Never seen a bus, but it will probably be the next thing..:lmao:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron

Never have camped there, but have done day trips with the kids. Tuesday is $10 day...up to 6 people in the car for $10. Go early in the morning, it's almost empty. Be aware, the net doesn't keep all of the jellyfish out.

The fossil shark's teeth are all over the beach there. Mostly little ones, but my son found a 1"+ long tooth on one of our excursions there. Go after a storm if you can, the tooth hunting would be great!