Brian Laundrie

PJay

"TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Law enforcement officials searching for Brian Laundrie found partial human remains in the Carlton Reserve on Wednesday near personal items that belong to the 23-year-old, according to the FBI.

Special Agent in Charge Michael McPherson with the FBI Tampa office gave a brief update on developments in the search for Laundrie on Wednesday afternoon. He did not take questions and did not identify the remains, but confirmed several items of interest had been found in an area that was previously underwater."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Any other of Brian's friends unaccounted for (or the homeless guy from town)?
That was what I was thinking when I first heard it too? All planted there to make it look like he was dead so he'd have more time to get further away. If he indeed killed himself, there would be a gun nearby but none was reported as found.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Brian didn't escape. He was never being held on any charges. He's not under any obligation to be found nor turn himself in.

I find it rich that some families of other missing people are complaining because their loved one's story isn't getting the same traction. So they claim it's the cops fault. The media are the ones that run the stories. We can only view what they serve up. Petito's story was running nonstop when she was missing. Plus it's a very unusual story.

Then there is always this nugget to throw in. People of color. I'm fed up with the virus, unemployment, obesity, bad credit, tooth decay, dandruff, halitosis, poor driving skills, lack of impulse control, dropping out of school, having kids out of wedlock, natural disasters and a host of other calamities always somehow affecting people of color disproportionately. I'll be glad when we go back to a time when people of color referred to a Benetton commercial.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
He was never being held on any charges. He's not under any obligation to be found nor turn himself in.
While not "held" he was indicted/charged with bank fraud for using Petito's bank card, so yeah he was under an obligation to be found and arrested.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No doubt his parents are involved in this. Probably not the murder, but definitely covering for him. Take the Mom in for Soprano style questioning - she'll spill.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
While not "held" he was indicted/charged with bank fraud for using Petito's bank card, so yeah he was under an obligation to be found and arrested.
I'm not disputing what you wrote. AFAIK BL refused to talk to investigators. Then he just took off and vanished. He was never under any obligation to not leave the area. He didn't lose any of his freedom while being under suspicion of knowing about someone's disappearance.

If he is found alive, then he will be arrested. And if it goes to trial, with a good lawyer he stands a very good chance of walking away free. He's said nothing to authorities. I doubt he will talk to them if he is arrested. He won't take the stand in a trial. The lawyer comes up with a few possible scenarios. He will look highly suspicious. But I don't think that meets the standard of beyond a reasonable doubt. Others have walked away while appearing just as guilty. OJ & Casey Anthony come to mind.

Reactions: BOP

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
AFAIK BL refused to talk to investigators. Then he just took off and vanished. He was never under any obligation to not leave the area.
He should have been, and that was on the authorities when he bailed.

If so many bodies were found during this search, it's entirely plausible that BL found one and planted his belongings with one, and then left the area.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Ok, so guess who found the items.... his dad. Something stinks here, and it ain't the body remains.

The attorney for the Laundrie family Steven Bertolino confirmed with 8 On Your Side that Chris and Roberta Laundrie and two officers were spread out on either side of the trail.
He says Chris found a bag containing some of Brian’s items, and officers found the backpack on the other side of trail which was near the remains.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I'm not disputing what you wrote. AFAIK BL refused to talk to investigators. Then he just took off and vanished. He was never under any obligation to not leave the area. He didn't lose any of his freedom while being under suspicion of knowing about someone's disappearance.
Correct, he took off before any charges were preferred, up to that time he was only a "person of interest" and under no restrictions. If I recall correctly they hadn't even found her body at the point he went "poof".

flowerlover

More than a little suspicious that the parents decide to go out Wednesday to search, they pretty quickly find the remains and his personal items, then they contact authorities to report the findings and lead them to the area. I'm kinda 50/50 that the remains are his - (1) good possibility he offed himself somehow and got eaten up by wildlife or (2) equally possible that the items and bones were planted by him or his family after getting him safely whisked away and they want to get this closed out so he can live elsewhere under a new name.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
No doubt his parents are involved in this. Probably not the murder, but definitely covering for him. Take the Mom in for Soprano style questioning - she'll spill.
Think of this possibility, Mom and Dad took him out in the woods and put him down like an animal. They don't want to be hauled in so they're not going to give to much help. But also they don't have an extremely clean conscience since they undoubtedly have some fond memories of him so they want a proper burial, so they have to "find" the evidence to locate the body. Possibilities are here that the parents might not be the bad guys, but not exactly the good guys either.