Bridesmaids dresses

foodforthought

Has anyone used the online stores to order your bridesmaids/bridal gowns? The prices are so much cheaper than bridal shops-according to the site because we are ordering directly from the designer-eliminating overhead cost. I'm thinking this is the way bridal shops go about ordering for you, and jack the price up so they can make a profit. You are still instructed to purchase together so the dye lot is the same......and the dress that I have picked out is not easily available in Maryland! And all my maids love the dress....

ginwoman

Has anyone used the online stores to order your bridesmaids/bridal gowns? The prices are so much cheaper than bridal shops-according to the site because we are ordering directly from the designer-eliminating overhead cost. I'm thinking this is the way bridal shops go about ordering for you, and jack the price up so they can make a profit. You are still instructed to purchase together so the dye lot is the same......and the dress that I have picked out is not easily available in Maryland! And all my maids love the dress....

I would go for it.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie

I did for the bridesmaids dresses. They were in different states so that was really the easiest way for us. I found a dress I loved and luckily, they loved it too. They got professionally measured to ensure they ordered the correct size dress and I made sure that we ordered them together so that the colors matched exactly.

The dresses were beautiful. A few alterations and they looked amazing. For my wedding dress though, I found that in a bridal store. I knew I'd want to try on a bunch of dresses before buying one and fell in love with one I tried on.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Make sure you have someone lined up to do alterations. Even if you provide measurements, the dresses don't always fit exactly. They will likely need to be hemmed and if someone loses or (God forbid) gains weight, you're gonna need a good seamstress. Depending on who it is, and whether or not they charge you, it might be worth it to buy from a shop since they'll do the alterations for you.