Bring It On Woodward

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But there was more pushback on the claims Woodward makes in the book. While Woodward wrote that the Trump administration is unraveling, FBI Director Christopher Wray said he has "not seen a 'nervous breakdown' of executive power."

"I have also not read Mr. Woodward's book, and I'm not sure whether I'll ever find time," Wray added.

Woodward slapped back, saying Wray's "experience is limited with Trump."

"I spent over a year on this. I have literally hundreds of hours of tapes with people who were there. If you've looked at the book, they're very specific incidents. And it is a kind of — it opens the window," Woodward said.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35862/woodward-warns-ill-release-tapes-joseph-curl

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have literally hundreds of hours of tapes with people who were there.

He should release them. That would certainly lend him some credibility. When everyone he's "quoted" in his book says it's bull#### and Woodward made it up or embellished it, playing the tapes would put an end to the he said/she said, wouldn't it?

Sapidus

He should release them. That would certainly lend him some credibility. When everyone he's "quoted" in his book says it's bull#### and Woodward made it up or embellished it, playing the tapes would put an end to the he said/she said, wouldn't it?

I'm sure his publishers and their lawyers have heard them all otherwise they wouldn't risk the libel suits. Why don't they sue if they feel so misrepresented?

Btw it broke sales records on its first day out with more than 3/4 a million copies sold

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Btw it broke sales records on its first day out with more than 3/4 a million copies sold

It was so overhyped and you all are so easily manipulated, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Now let's see how long the book stays on the charts.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So why don't they sue if he is lying? Seems like a slam dunk and vindication no?

Because the process is long and tedious. Just because you don't work for a living doesn't mean no one does.

Not to mention it's up to the author to prove his claims, not up to the people he libels to disprove them.

This_person

I'm sure his publishers and their lawyers have heard them all otherwise they wouldn't risk the libel suits. Why don't they sue if they feel so misrepresented?

Is it considered a factual book, or an opinion book?

This_person

It is an opinion book being promoted as a factual book. Unfortunately everyone involved is saying it's bull####.

I mean, is it going to be in the library as a history book? Will it be in religion?

I definitely know virtually all involved are saying that they never told Woodward what he's reporting, but my question to ol' Sap boils down to "do you know this is an opinion piece with little to no fact behind it, and should be in the 'fantasy' section of your local bookstore, not anywhere else?"

Sapidus

Because the process is long and tedious. Just because you don't work for a living doesn't mean no one does.

Not to mention it's up to the author to prove his claims, not up to the people he libels to disprove them.

Which he has done to the satisfaction of his publishers and their lawyers.

CPUSA

So why don't they sue if he is lying? Seems like a slam dunk and vindication no?

Because 1 Presidential tweet is cheaper...and will destroy Woodward's credibility.
It will have the same affect as a lawsuit would and won't cost a dime...

Sapidus

I mean, is it going to be in the library as a history book? Will it be in religion?

I definitely know virtually all involved are saying that they never told Woodward what he's reporting, but my question to ol' Sap boils down to "do you know this is an opinion piece with little to no fact behind it, and should be in the 'fantasy' section of your local bookstore, not anywhere else?"

You should start a class action lawsuit if you have that information. Of course they deny it. They want to keep their high profile lucrative jobs. Just like they denied writing the Oped in the NYTimes.

Only a idiot would think Woodward had any motivation to lie or make up stories especially when he is bound to be asked to prove it by his publishers and their lawyers.

Apparently no one here knows how a publisher or a fact checker works

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Which he has done to the satisfaction of his publishers and their lawyers.

If all those Hillary and Bill Clinton books were lies, why didn't Hillary sue? Several of them accused her of actual murder. So if it wasn't true, why didn't the publishers and lawyers stop it? Why didn't Hillary sue and clear her name?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Apparently no one here knows how a publisher or a fact checker works

Like the ones that took care of "What Happened"?? :killingme:killingme:killingme

Or the ones that took care of Barry's book?? :killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

In the cover for a 1991 promotional booklet by Mr Obama’s then-publisher Acton & Dystel, he is as ‘the first African-American president of the Harvard Law Review, (who) was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146622/Barack-Obama-Kenyan-born-2007-according-literary-agency--months-announcing-bid-U-S-presidency.html

Sapidus

If all those Hillary and Bill Clinton books were lies, why didn't Hillary sue? Several of them accused her of actual murder. So if it wasn't true, why didn't the publishers and lawyers stop it? Why didn't Hillary sue and clear her name?

Which one of those was written by one of the most well known journalist in the world? And published by one of the largest and most respected publishers in the world and not just some e-book some tin foil hat wearing lunatic copied together at kinkos between meth binges?

Hijinx

Which one of those was written by one of the most well known journalist in the world? And published by one of the largest and most respected publishers in the world and not just some e-book some tin foil hat wearing lunatic copied together at kinkos between meth binges?

Well with this sh1tty book they just destroyed that myth.

gemma_rae

Only a idiot would think Woodward had any motivation to lie or make up stories especially when he is bound to be asked to prove it by his publishers and their lawyers.

Only a moron would think Woodward is not motivated by making money off of leftards.