Brit Rider Muck Boot ??'s

aceyswan

I am in the market (Holiday Gift to myself!) for a warm tall riding boot and saw the threads from last year about these boots.

One person commented that the Brit Rider by Muck didn't keep their feet warm....? Has anyone else had this problem?
Also wondering if they feel "heavy" to wear or ride in? And if they were pretty true to size?

And I also noticed people mentioning Mr Stolzfus having some type there? Were they Brit Riders Muck or another brand? If another brand, were they/are they warm?

Any suggestions on which kind to buy to keep warm and be able to fit in an english stirrup would be greatly appreciated!

I am also considering a pair of the fabric type, like Mountain Horse/On Course used to sell, I think they are discontinued but I could probably locate a pair.... I was wondering if anyone had those fabric ones and liked or disliked them?

Thanks!
Aceyswan

fredsaid2

I saw Ariat has a new 1/2 chap out that's lined in thinsulate. Their winter paddocks and the lined chaps would be a great alternative to tall boots.

barncat

aceyswan said:
I am in the market (Holiday Gift to myself!) for a warm tall riding boot and saw the threads from last year about these boots.

One person commented that the Brit Rider by Muck didn't keep their feet warm....? Has anyone else had this problem?
Also wondering if they feel "heavy" to wear or ride in? And if they were pretty true to size?

And I also noticed people mentioning Mr Stolzfus having some type there? Were they Brit Riders Muck or another brand? If another brand, were they/are they warm?

Any suggestions on which kind to buy to keep warm and be able to fit in an english stirrup would be greatly appreciated!

I am also considering a pair of the fabric type, like Mountain Horse/On Course used to sell, I think they are discontinued but I could probably locate a pair.... I was wondering if anyone had those fabric ones and liked or disliked them?

Thanks!
Aceyswan
I rode outside trot/canter/gallop along the river for a winter with the Brit Riders Muck Boot, riding 5 - 7 horses in the early morning (on by 7:30 a.m. and normally done by 10:30) and these boots worked great for keeping my feet toasty. I also had young horses to work in hand during the early spring and these boots provided excellent protection when the horses stepped on my feet, kept my feet warm and allowed me to use a single pair of footwear for all aspects of horse care.

Tip, make sure they are warm when you put them on, i.e. don't store them outside. SSG also use to make a neoprene glove when lined with silk liners was wonderfully warm.

Likes: Easy to get on and off, waterproof, easy to care for and clean and very warm.

Dislike: they wear out pretty quickly and are too hot for summer

I like tall boots, I could never get into the paddock boot and half-chaps and the muck boot was a good alternative to my leather boots.

aceyswan

Thanks

Good advice and what I was looking for!

barncat said:
I rode outside trot/canter/gallop along the river for a winter with the Brit Riders Muck Boot, riding 5 - 7 horses in the early morning (on by 7:30 a.m. and normally done by 10:30) and these boots worked great for keeping my feet toasty. I also had young horses to work in hand during the early spring and these boots provided excellent protection when the horses stepped on my feet, kept my feet warm and allowed me to use a single pair of footwear for all aspects of horse care.

Tip, make sure they are warm when you put them on, i.e. don't store them outside. SSG also use to make a neoprene glove when lined with silk liners was wonderfully warm.

Likes: Easy to get on and off, waterproof, easy to care for and clean and very warm.

Dislike: they wear out pretty quickly and are too hot for summer

I like tall boots, I could never get into the paddock boot and half-chaps and the muck boot was a good alternative to my leather boots.