Broadway musicals - unpopular opinion

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't stand Kristin Chenoweth's voice. All those women with their little baby girl sweetie pie - ick.

I'd be looking forward to seeing "Wicked" when it comes out in theaters because I think Arianna Grande will do those songs justice, BUT....

The woman who plays Elphaba is an ass. Like, a giant ass and race victim.

TLDR/DC;

The official movie poster shows Elphaba looking straight ahead.

wicked1.jpg

A fan redid it to be like the original Broadway poster and posted it on his Instagram.

wicked2.jpg
wicked-orig.jpg

Race victim actress had a comeapart fit.

wicked-response.jpg

:roflmao:

I hate it when actors do that, act like aholes in public so I can't enjoy their movies because I no longer see their character, all I see is an ahole.

:mad:

I'll bet she was fun to work with.....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've seen Wicked 3 times. Twice in NYC with Kristin Chenowith and Indina Menzel and once in Baltimore with a different cast. The Broadway show is awesome. I'll go see the movie and hope for the best.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I've seen Wicked 3 times. Twice in NYC with Kristin Chenowith and Indina Menzel and once in Baltimore with a different cast.
I was lucky enough to see this cast too in NYC right before it really took off. My high school English/drama teacher managed to take a group of us. Fantastic. I'm looking forward to the movie as well.

But I also think Cynthia Erivo is off her rocker. Fan art is nothing new. EVERYTHING with any fan base has tons of recreated fan art or fanfic or whatever. This graphic designer simply used this as an opportunity to show her own fan base 1. her skills at editing/photoshop and 2. how she'd edit it to look like the original broadway poster. That's. It. She stated from the beginning it was simply an edit, not intended to "make it better" and Erivo needs someone to bring her back down to earth and get a hold on reality.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was lucky enough to see this cast too in NYC right before it really took off. My high school English/drama teacher managed to take a group of us. Fantastic. I'm looking forward to the movie as well.

But I also think Cynthia Erivo is off her rocker. Fan art is nothing new. EVERYTHING with any fan base has tons of recreated fan art or fanfic or whatever. This graphic designer simply used this as an opportunity to show her own fan base 1. her skills at editing/photoshop and 2. how she'd edit it to look like the original broadway poster. That's. It. She stated from the beginning it was simply an edit, not intended to "make it better" and Erivo needs someone to bring her back down to earth and get a hold on reality.
What a great school trip!

And I agree with the rest of what you said. These people are nuts and twist everything against themselves. Lighten up Francis!.