Bruce Fired / Hunter Hired

Hank

my war
ARLINGTON, Va. – The Washington Capitals have named Dale Hunter the team’s head coach, replacing Bruce Boudreau, vice president and general manager George McPhee announced today.

Hunter, 51, becomes the 15th coach in Washington Capitals history and will make his debut behind the bench tomorrow as the Capitals host the St. Louis Blues at Verizon Center.

Capitals Name Dale Hunter Head Coach - Washington Capitals - News

Sweet 16

^^8^^
WOW...Don't follow hockey, but that's unbeleivable...In the middle of a winning season..

My thoughts exactly! And our problems are not entirely HIS fault. Yes, he has failed to motivate the team but these are grown men and need to have some self-motivation. I'm not happy with them right now either.

Toxick

Splat
FTW!

I'm totally psyched about this. :yahoo:

Although Dale doesn't look like Mork any more. And he has a 'stache now. :(

Toxick

Splat
WOW...Don't follow hockey, but that's unbeleivable...In the middle of a winning season..

It may technically be a winning season - but after the first 10 (or so) games, the capitals had a meteoric fall. They've won 3 of their last 10 games. That's pathetic, considering how they started this season.

I don't blame it all on Boudreau, but healthy-scratching on our best players... to punish them (undeservedly IMO) WTF? I really think he's started to go slowly insane over the past year. And when your team no longer respects you (and let's face it, the caps clearly stopped responding at all to Boudreau) you are no longer effective, and it's time for a change.

Maybe one of The Great Old Ones will get this team motivated again.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Don't like the move one bit.

I think the Bruce's record speaks for itself.

I hope I'm wrong but I see Mr. Hunter struggling as a coach in the pros. A la Singletary of the 49ers.

Teams always go through tough spells. Guess management isn't ****ing around.