Bubba Watson wins the jacket.

thurley42

HY;FR
Wow, what a snap hook on the 2nd playoff hole! I was pulling for Tiger, but he and Rory really fell off....Glad Bubba was able to win, I've liked him ever since he and the "Golf Boys" made the Oh oh oh video..

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Great finish. Glad to see an American win it, but the others today were just as worthy.

Disappointed Phil did not capitalize on the great chances he had on the back nine, but hole #4 killed him today.

Also, Eldridge who? I am so glad he disappeared. When he hits the age of 40, I'll probably soften up to him, like I did for Nicklaus.

thurley42

HY;FR
Great finish. Glad to see an American win it, but the others today were just as worthy.

Disappointed Phil did not capitalize on the great chances he had on the back nine, but hole #4 killed him today.

Also, Eldridge who? I am so glad he disappeared. When he hits the age of 40, I'll probably soften up to him, like I did for Nicklaus.

I can't Stan Phil so that was almost the highlight of the day for me.

That was way cool! Congrats to Bubba, and great to see the emotion afterward. His style of play is like an extreme version of a younger Phil's.

On a side note, a question for golfers: What would you give to have Freddie's swing for a day - for one round? Such an easy, graceful swing. Man I'd love to have to swing like that.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That's Bubba Watson? :lol:

Just watched the video. Ben Crane, Bubba Watson, Rickie Fowler, & Hunter Mahan have ... will donate $1000 for every 100000 views ...

Pretty cool for a bunch of uppity, stuffy, snobbish young white guys that are some of the best golfers in the world to make a video that outrageously funny to raise money for charities.:yahoo:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Above average Masters and that is saying something. Lotta people were in the hunt over the weekend and, after the eagle on 15, I was thinking Kutcher who then, as tends to happen in golf when it looks too easy for a split second, took that gift and threw it away on 16.

Phil is, as always, a high wire act, always on the verge of disaster. Someone compared him to a young Phil and that's a good one save for one HUGE difference; Bubba, clearly, does not give a flying #### what happens on the course. Tiger would have killed everyone within 100 yards with kicked clubs had that been his playoff T shot on 10. I would think being that much at ease is simply wonderful. "If I've got a swing, I've got a shot." Hell, he even said that he was thinking when he hit it; 'no big deal. I was just down there!" :lol:

Awesome!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
On a side note, a question for golfers: What would you give to have Freddie's swing for a day - for one round? Such an easy, graceful swing. Man I'd love to have to swing like that.

No way in hell. Freddy was born with no shoulders thus nothing to limit his swing going back or through thus ALL of that, as effortless as it looks, has done nothing but wreck his lower back since the first time he picked up a club. He's had a bad back as long as I've known who he was.

I want my nephews swing. He's 19 this year and we've been playing since he was six. Natural athlete, born with a love of all sports. From day one, all natural, warm syrup, back and through. Just lovely to watch. No hitches or weird corrections. All his troubles are either grip or footwork. Just a joy to spend the day on the course with.

I told him when he was about 10 that one day he'd say to me "You're away Uncle Larry" and that is the way it would be for the rest of our lives. I still get him once in a awhile. :diva:

Oh, and he has shoulders so, no back trouble!!

No way in hell. Freddy was born with no shoulders thus nothing to limit his swing going back or through thus ALL of that, as effortless as it looks, has done nothing but wreck his lower back since the first time he picked up a club. He's had a bad back as long as I've known who he was.

I want my nephews swing. He's 19 this year and we've been playing since he was six. Natural athlete, born with a love of all sports. From day one, all natural, warm syrup, back and through. Just lovely to watch. No hitches or weird corrections. All his troubles are either grip or footwork. Just a joy to spend the day on the course with.

I told him when he was about 10 that one day he'd say to me "You're away Uncle Larry" and that is the way it would be for the rest of our lives. I still get him once in a awhile. :diva:

Oh, and he has shoulders so, no back trouble!!

For one day. I wouldn't trade positions with anyone forever, or for a prolonged period of time for that matter. But, for one day I'd love to have the sensation of that smooth a swing. I don't think one day of it would wreck my back. :smile:

Side note, you had a chance to play any this year?

I played Sunday, couldn't make a putt to save my life but I struck the ball well so I was happy about that. I put an old driver in the bag before I left, I hadn't carried a driver for most of last year. Hit it once - right into the woods, 2 strokes lost. Back into the bag to stay it went. I think I'm hitting the 3 wood almost as far anyway as somehow I usually manage a nice power draw with it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
For one day. I wouldn't trade positions with anyone forever, or for a prolonged period of time for that matter. But, for one day I'd love to have the sensation of that smooth a swing. I don't think one day of it would wreck my back. :smile: Whatever! :lol: ONE swing like that and my back EXPLODES.

Side note, you had a chance to play any this year? Nope. Since I got into motorcycles a few years ago, that has putt the clubs in cold storage. I play once a year or so with the neph.

I played Sunday, couldn't make a putt to save my life but I struck the ball well so I was happy about that. I put an old driver in the bag before I left, I hadn't carried a driver for most of last year. Hit it once - right into the woods, 2 strokes lost. Back into the bag to stay it went. I think I'm hitting the 3 wood almost as far anyway as somehow I usually manage a nice power draw with it.

I, on the other hand, only need a driver. I will take the 30 yards left of the fairway on one hole for the 300 yarder down the middle on the next. What kills me is the hosel shot dribbler.

I also, basically, putt as though I am using a driver.

:lol:

I, on the other hand, only need a driver. I will take the 30 yards left of the fairway on one hole for the 300 yarder down the middle on the next. What kills me is the hosel shot dribbler.

I also, basically, putt as though I am using a driver.

:lol:

The group of guys that I play with plays at Wicomico on a regular basis, so that's where I play most of the time when I do play - it means I have people to play against and to talk trash with, which is really the whole point. Anyway, 30 yards left of the fairway there usually means out of bounds. That course forgives just about everything - way left is the only thing it doesn't.

thurley42

HY;FR
The group of guys that I play with plays at Wicomico on a regular basis, so that's where I play most of the time when I do play - it means I have people to play against and to talk trash with, which is really the whole point. Anyway, 30 yards left of the fairway there usually means out of bounds. That course forgives just about everything - way left is the only thing it doesn't.

I don't play down there much, usually a couple of tournaments here and there.

Most of the time it's a burden, because 2 of the 4 of us hit huge gradual draws off the tee box. I'm about 20 yards shorter, but can go straight or fade consistently. If I happen to find myself down there playing against those guys I enjoy it that's for sure.

They have really done alot of good down at that course.....we used to play Swan alot but since they hiked the prices through the roof, I'd rather go up to Annapolis, or just stay at Breton and play.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I don't play down there much, usually a couple of tournaments here and there.

Most of the time it's a burden, because 2 of the 4 of us hit huge gradual draws off the tee box. I'm about 20 yards shorter, but can go straight or fade consistently. If I happen to find myself down there playing against those guys I enjoy it that's for sure.

They have really done alot of good down at that course.....we used to play Swan alot but since they hiked the prices through the roof, I'd rather go up to Annapolis, or just stay at Breton and play.

I played The Old Course at The Homestead last week and it was great. The rough was wannabe US Open stuff and the greens were firm, fast and perfect. I'm going to play the Cascades course next time we're there, but $195 is pricey and after walking a couple oc holes, it would be worth it.