Buck Knife Sharpening Stone

DEEKAYPEE8569

Anybody know who sells them?
.....and before it's mentioned; the sharpener in the butcher block in the kitchen won't touch it; meaning, trying to use it to sharpen my knife has no effect.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
.....and before it's mentioned; the sharpener in the butcher block in the kitchen won't touch it; meaning, trying to use it to sharpen my knife has no effect.

This site will certainly help you decide:

BUCK

Midnightrider

you mean a steel? those really arnt intended for major sharpening, just a touch up.

any stone should do as long as you use it properly. The steel should work just fine too, as long as you are using it for its intended purpose.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I have a sharpening stone but not sure if it is what you are looking for. It has two different grits. One on each side. Didn't know you need a special one for buck.. I never really had nay luck sharpening stuff. It takes practice and I don't think it is as easy as it looks.. You're more than welcome to borrow it any time.

limblips

PREMO Member
If you are talking about the round metal thingy in your butcher block, it isn't really a sharpener. It is called a steel and is used to smooth out the ripples that form on your knifes edge during use. I use a Lansky sharpening system. I have found that Buck knives are difficult to get sharp the first time with the Lansy but dress easily from then on. I have been told the angle that Bucks are ground to is 22 1/2 degrees and the Lansky offers 20 or 25 degree options. I have no idea if that is true but it seems plausible.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I have a sharpening stone but not sure if it is what you are looking for. It has two different grits. One on each side. Didn't know you need a special one for buck.. I never really had nay luck sharpening stuff. It takes practice and I don't think it is as easy as it looks.. You're more than welcome to borrow it any time.

The sharpening stone I got with the knife; basically a piece of what looks and feels like granite attached to a varnished piece of wood roughly 5" x 4".....I know I've got one; I've seen it. I just think it's packed in a box somewhere.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I believe I saw some sharpening stones in Dicks Sports store last week when I was looking around in there.