Bucs sign Eric LeGrand

Chris0nllyn

Tampa Bay Buccaneers sign injured Rutgers DT Eric LeGrand in symbolic gesture - ESPN

LeGrand played for Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano at Rutgers. In a game Oct. 16, 2010, against Army, LeGrand suffered fractures of two vertebrae and a spinal cord injury.

LeGrand initially was told he would be a quadriplegic and would have to remain on a ventilator.

"Leading up to the draft, I couldn't help but think that this should've been Eric's draft class," Schiano said. "This small gesture is the least we could do to recognize his character, spirit and perseverance. The way Eric lives his life epitomizes what we are looking for in Buccaneer Men."

I must say, I'm proud to be a Bucs fan right now!

Chris0nllyn

"I believe I will walk again. I do. When that happens, I already know what I'm going to do. I'll go to Giants Stadium and find the exact spot in the field where I went down. I'll lie there for a second. And then I'll get up on my own power and walk away."
- Eric LeGrand

:buddies:

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
"I believe I will walk again. I do. When that happens, I already know what I'm going to do. I'll go to Giants Stadium and find the exact spot in the field where I went down. I'll lie there for a second. And then I'll get up on my own power and walk away."
- Eric LeGrand

:buddies:

:yay:
If only more people had that kind of drive and spirit.