Building vs Manufactured

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So being single is an issue as I want to buy my own home (not a 1st time buyer). With 1 income I don't qualify to buy a $200k property even IF I could find one that cheap with land for my chickens and horses. I am wondering who locally sells manufactured homes, and what I need to consider when buying land to place a manufactured homed? I would need a minimum of maybe 3 usable acres? How much cheaper ARE manufactured homes vs. having one built? I am thinking 800-1,000 SF 2bd/1ba should be good, and 1 story is fine.
house.jpg

stgislander

PREMO Member
So being single is an issue as I want to buy my own home (not a 1st time buyer). With 1 income I don't qualify to buy a $200k property even IF I could find one that cheap with land for my chickens and horses. I am wondering who locally sells manufactured homes, and what I need to consider when buying land to place a manufactured homed? I would need a minimum of maybe 3 usable acres? How much cheaper ARE manufactured homes vs. having one built? I am thinking 800-1,000 SF 2bd/1ba should be good, and 1 story is fine.
View attachment 169095
I hate to say it but it sounds like West Virginia may be in your future if you are looking for affordable land.

ontheriver

My son looked at manufactured homes last year. The prices were shocking. He has a 5 acre lot owned free and clear with 2 recorded perc tests. The site plan is at least 4k. Well and septic at least 18k. Add electric service and a driveway. Then add current interest rates. He's going to wait a while.

ontheriver

View attachment 169095
Just want to say there are properties out there. Estate sales are a good starting point. You just have to be on it. Get qualified IN ADVANCE so you can jump on it when you find what you love. Don't give up and be smart.

glhs837

Power with Control
Just want to say there are properties out there. Estate sales are a good starting point. You just have to be on it. Get qualified IN ADVANCE so you can jump on it when you find what you love. Don't give up and be smart.

This.

I exhausted myself looking at manufactured stuff when I was pondering replacing the 1950s rental house with something that was built to a code, really any code. The prices for decent ones were high, and nobody in VA really seemed interested in bringing one over. And there was really nobody here in MD.

ontheriver

This.

I exhausted myself looking at manufactured stuff when I was pondering replacing the 1950s rental house with something that was built to a code, really any code. The prices for decent ones were high, and nobody in VA really seemed interested in bringing one over. And there was really nobody here in MD.
270k for a small 3 bedroom. Even the seller said he'd never seen anything like it.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That's important (being smart) as I need to learn about the process so I don't get taken on the scenic route to my goal.