Bun Bun the rescued Bunny

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Bun Bun was found outside in the Winter here in Maryland and turned over to our rescue. We were unable to locate his family. We have nursed him back to health but the vet said he still needs more help. We need to raise money for dental work to ensure Bun Bun is no longer in pain.

Please consider helping by purchasing flowers/plants/vegetables shipped directly to you (sale closes 5/15/23):

Spring Sale for Animal Rescue

OR you con contribute to the GoFUNDME for Bun Bun:

Bun Bun the Rabbit needs vet help ASAP

We are a 501(c)(3) Non Profit and your donations are tax deductible.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Bun Bun is adorable. He will be available for adoption once we get his remaining vetting done.

BunBun.jpg

Bonehead

Saw something similar (wild not domestic) being dined upon by a hawk today as I drove out on the way back the buzzards were there. later.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Saw something similar (wild not domestic) being dined upon by a hawk today as I drove out on the way back the buzzards were there. later.
poor bunny, I hope it wasn't a SHE with young babies. Bun Bun would have been dinner for some predator also had he stayed outside much longer. we have coyotes all over the place here... They cross my field regularly. I'm surprised he was outside long enough to be so thin w/o being found by a coyote. He is WHITE so not hard to see.

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
The rabbit has been in pain for months? How inhumane.
We started a fundraiser for the Bunny but only had one $20 donation so far. That's not even enough to humanely euthanize it if we wanted to. My credit card is full of vet expenses and once I hit the limit many years ago I can only charge up what I paid down the month prior. It's a vicious cycle That's the problem with having a heart and helping rescues, not enough people are willing to donate to cover the expenses and I live paycheck to paycheck with no retirement savings from my whole life of working because of my involvement with helping animals. I don't even own my own home at this late stage of my life because of spending so much money on animals. So for anyone who wants to criticize me? I say get involved and help or STFU. AT LEAST I'm TRYING TO HELP and not being a keyboard criticizer.

We started a fundraiser for the Bunny but only had one $20 donation so far. That's not even enough to humanely euthanize it if we wanted to. My credit card is full of vet expenses and once I hit the limit many years ago I can only charge up what I paid down the month prior. It's a vicious cycle That's the problem with having a heart and helping rescues, not enough people are willing to donate to cover the expenses and I live paycheck to paycheck with no retirement savings from my whole life of working because of my involvement with helping animals. I don't even own my own home at this late stage of my life because of spending so much money on animals. So for anyone who wants to criticize me? I say get involved and help or STFU. AT LEAST I'm TRYING TO HELP and not being a keyboard criticizer.
But it is not rescuing if you hoard them and they are suffering. I was horrified back when you were posting years ago about stacking old cats up in cages just 'waiting for their fur ever home'. I don't have to STFU when animals are suffering.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

We started a fundraiser for the Bunny but only had one $20 donation so far. That's not even enough to humanely euthanize it if we wanted to.

That air rifle you recently bought, and a single pellet to its noggin would do the trick, quick and painless, and very very very cheaply.

The issue with animal rescues, though noble, is that there is never a limit on the amount of animals that will need some type of care. When, most of the time, it is in the best interest of the animal to simply succumb to nature. It seems that it is people with OCD that can't stop collecting and trying to care for these animals, taxing the individual and the animal itself.

No, no one wants to see an animal suffer, and, in a perfect world, all would be cared for. However, sometimes you just have to let them go.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
With all due respect - what you have a passion for - helping animals in need - is very admirable. Your heart is obviously in it all the way.

However, years ago, you started this 501 Charity and still, to this day, it seems as though you are a 501 Charity of 1 person. When you describe your personal finances and the fact that you go into debt, and sacrifice your own life/health/well-being (etc) for animals and then go out and ask others to help you do that - it doesn't really give me a great feeling that my money is going to be used wisely.

That having been said - by all means - you do you! I don't have any issue with your following your passion of helping defenseless animals. (although, sometimes, it's not humane to keep an animal alive if it's suffering in deplorable ways and it's definitely NOT good financial planning if you throw good money after bad all the time)

However, when you post what you do and your predicament of whichever animal you have now taken in on a public forum, then you should always expect that someone will have an opinion on it and can publicly post it as well.

As always, your mileage may vary!

ontheriver

I have gotten both my cat (9 years ago) and dog (3 years ago) from Ark's Rescue. Both were fully vetted when I got them. I know for a fact that she has placed many animals in loving homes. I donate as often as I can because I know she cares for them well. I'd rather donate to someone I know and trust. I'll put a check in the mail today.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have gotten both my cat (9 years ago) and dog (3 years ago) from Ark's Rescue. Both were fully vetted when I got them. I know for a fact that she has placed many animals in loving homes. I donate as often as I can because I know she cares for them well. I'd rather donate to someone I know and trust. I'll put a check in the mail today.
:yay: As I said - your mileage may vary!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Dental work...My fortune cookey said some rabbit stew is coming your way
Rabbits and Guinea Pigs react differently to anesthesia so when they are put under for any procedures they have to handled differently than other animals and therefore require specialty vets. That is what is adding $$ to the dental bill and I will have to travel 2 to 3 hours round trip depending on which facility can do the procedure. I did not know that bunnies can get "hooks" on their teeth like horses do, but it makes sense since they both eat a LOT of hay. It was recommended that I provide unlimited Timothy hay for him to help wear down the hooks until he can be scheduled for the dental procedure.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For your consideration ...

That air rifle you recently bought, and a single pellet to its noggin would do the trick, quick and painless, and very very very cheaply.

The issue with animal rescues, though noble, is that there is never a limit on the amount of animals that will need some type of care. When, most of the time, it is in the best interest of the animal to simply succumb to nature. It seems that it is people with OCD that can't stop collecting and trying to care for these animals, taxing the individual and the animal itself.

No, no one wants to see an animal suffer, and, in a perfect world, all would be cared for. However, sometimes you just have to let them go.
I was being sarcastic (sorry) when I said what I did about $20 not even being enough for euthanasia, as that was not the intended use for the money. Killing a rabbit because its former owner did not give it the proper food sources seems a bit harsh. I also think that most people don't know that rabbits can even get hooks on their teeth, but if you have a pet rabbit you are expected to know, and if you are taking your pets to the vet at least annually, you would know if your pet needed additional care. The air rifle was a last resort for handling rodents, but I wouldn't use it on anything bigger and would involve a vet if euthanasia was needed.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
But it is not rescuing if you hoard them and they are suffering. I was horrified back when you were posting years ago about stacking old cats up in cages just 'waiting for their fur ever home'. I don't have to STFU when animals are suffering.
unless you are present you do not know if an animal is suffering BUT if they were and if you really cared you would help instead of complaining like a biach.

Last edited:

ontheriver

Ark, please check my PM to confirm your address. I know you are at work.