Bunion Surgery

OldHillcrestGuy

Has anyone gone through this surgery? Would be interested in knowing how it went and long term results.

Im currently recovering from surgery last week at Georgetown, its going to be a 6 to 8 week recovery time. My bunion was pretty severe, doc in Waldorf wouldnt touch it, refered me to a doctor at Georgetown. Im not to put any pressure on my foot for 2 weeks, then its back for a walking boot, I hope, at the moment Im stuck inside for 2 weeks. The toe next to the big toe started to overlap the big toe. I have 2 screws in the big toe that will stay with me forever, and the the next toe over I have a rod in it to straighten it, that will come out in 6 weeks.

This surgery has really grounded me, I had thought that I would have been able to get around more, these first 2 weeks, but its been tough, just today after 5 days I ventured down the steps to the family room so I could get on the computer for the first time.:yahoo: I have this pin sticking out of the 2nd toe that looks like a pushpin, and I have to be so careful not to bang it into anything. Come on end of January.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
Has anyone gone through this surgery? Would be interested in knowing how it went and long term results.

Im currently recovering from surgery last week at Georgetown, its going to be a 6 to 8 week recovery time. My bunion was pretty severe, doc in Waldorf wouldnt touch it, refered me to a doctor at Georgetown. Im not to put any pressure on my foot for 2 weeks, then its back for a walking boot, I hope, at the moment Im stuck inside for 2 weeks. The toe next to the big toe started to overlap the big toe. I have 2 screws in the big toe that will stay with me forever, and the the next toe over I have a rod in it to straighten it, that will come out in 6 weeks.

This surgery has really grounded me, I had thought that I would have been able to get around more, these first 2 weeks, but its been tough, just today after 5 days I ventured down the steps to the family room so I could get on the computer for the first time.:yahoo: I have this pin sticking out of the 2nd toe that looks like a pushpin, and I have to be so careful not to bang it into anything. Come on end of January.

Had that surgery on both my feet. Timely recovery. Try Dr. Hotchkiss, he's in Waldorf and Clinton, good podiatrist.

Roman

I've never had that type of surgery. It sounds very painful. I wish you a speedy recovery