Burch Oil Sign

duzzey1a

I know this has been around for a while but has anybody noticed the Burch Oil sign with the girl on it giving a salute? I noticed it on the way home. What insignia is that? Foriegn? Anybody know? :shrug:

Pete

Repete
duzzey1a said:
I know this has been around for a while but has anybody noticed the Burch Oil sign with the girl on it giving a salute? I noticed it on the way home. What insignia is that? Foriegn? Anybody know? :shrug:
It's stupid and insulting thats what it is.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
duzzey1a said:
I HATE Burch Oil. And it's owners. And it isn't a lesbian thing, either.

duzzey1a

Pete said:
It's stupid and insulting thats what it is.

Yeah, but I am trying to figure out what the insignia is on her uniform. It looks foreign, and that is quite interesting since were talkin' oil.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
duzzey1a said:
Yeah, but I am trying to figure out what the insignia is on her uniform. It looks foreign, and that is quite interesting since were talkin' oil.
It's a ghey one.

duzzey1a

I just thought that it was ironic that on my way home I noticed that outside of pax, you have some female wearing a flight suit with what looks like a foreign insignia promoting oil for St.Mary's county. And she is salutin'. Kinda like, thanks for the money, cause we got the oil. And then then l look at my gas meter, and its on empty. Gotta may damn near $30 to fill up.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Why not call Donnie and ask? I always thought it was a Rosie the Riveter pic. :shrug: I'll have to pay more attention to it.

rigirl

I noticed the lady's picture near the station close to Pax. I thought she was one of the acrobatic pilots from the air show.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The marketing director is a friend of mine, and I can say with some certainty that the sign isn't foreign nor is it meant to be offensive. But I haven't seen the sign - someone should take a pic of it and post it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
duzzey1a said:
What insignia is that? Foriegn? Anybody know? :shrug:
I think the military has rules against the use of its insignia for commercial endeavors, although I don't know for sure. So I suspect the photographer had generic emblems put on the flightsuit so it would look vaguely military.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
rigirl said:
I noticed the lady's picture near the station close to Pax. I thought she was one of the acrobatic pilots from the air show.
I think its patty wagstaff from the air show :peace:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Where is this sign? Dang, I must be blind, because I have no recall of ever having seen it around. I guess I really should open up my eyes when I drive around the county.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
BadGirl said:
Where is this sign? Dang, I must be blind, because I have no recall of ever having seen it around. I guess I really should open up my eyes when I drive around the county.
try driving sober? :lol:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
David said:
The military can not stop someone from using insignia in advertising to my knowledge. You just can't say things like, "The men and women of PAXRVR NAS recommend BillyBob's Oil Service!", i.e. the federal government can not endorse any individual, company or product. I don't know if there are actual laws to prevent this, but you can well imagine what the people at BillyBob's competitors would do.... call the congressman and complain.
Thanks for the information. In my experience, staying away from official insignia was considered an issue of taste and respect. That would probably be more of an issue with some products than others: "Trojan--the official condom of the U.S. Navy!"

duzzey1a

I'll try to take a picture on my way home. Hopefully I won't crash in doing so. Then I 'll just take a picture of my banged up car.