Bus Monitor Gets Apology:would u forgive the kids?

Would you forgive the kids?

• Total voters

MMDad

Lem Putt
Yes, if they gave a sincere apology. I wouldn't accept a "my bad." They also better make it clear their apology is for what they did, not for getting caught.

It would be very hard for me to believe they were sincere.
THey are pompous self-centered kids so the odds are some won't be sincere... but in the least having them apologize is likened to whacking them on the nose with a newspaper... that get the idea their behavior was not acceptable.

MMDad

Lem Putt
THey are pompous self-centered kids so the odds are some won't be sincere... but in the least having them apologize is likened to whacking them on the nose with a newspaper... that get the idea their behavior was not acceptable.

That's not the impression I get from most kids today. They say "my bad" then repeat the offense. Since there are no repercussions, admitting they were wrong means nothing to them.

When I was a kid, making a sincere apology was the only way to make the beatings less severe.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seriously?

They said mean things and made her cry. I hate to sound callous but BFD. Everyone's acting like they tied her to a tree and beat her with chains. Yes, it wasn't very nice of them but certainly not worth all this fuss. I was listening to a pack of crybabies on the radio this morning losing their minds over this, insisting that the parents should be held responsible and perhaps face charges. Charges for WHAT???

Of course she will accept their apology and everyone can move on. That's what used to happen in the olden days when kids acted like azzholes: the parents punished them and made them apologize, maybe do some chores for the old person they offended. But they certainly didn't start getting death threats and become national news for days on end.

:rolleyes:

Good lord, we either don't punish at all or we lose our minds. Whatever happened to sensible consequences and rational thinking?

SoMDGirl42

Good lord, we either don't punish at all or we lose our minds. Whatever happened to sensible consequences and rational thinking?

duct tape a dead chicken in their mouth for the day. That'll make them think twice before spewing that trash talk again making old ladies cry.

Seriously?

They said mean things and made her cry. I hate to sound callous but BFD. Everyone's acting like they tied her to a tree and beat her with chains. Yes, it wasn't very nice of them but certainly not worth all this fuss. I was listening to a pack of crybabies on the radio this morning losing their minds over this, insisting that the parents should be held responsible and perhaps face charges. Charges for WHAT???

Of course she will accept their apology and everyone can move on. That's what used to happen in the olden days when kids acted like azzholes: the parents punished them and made them apologize, maybe do some chores for the old person they offended. But they certainly didn't start getting death threats and become national news for days on end.

I would like to point out that not once have I gotten the impression the old lady is the one going off the deep end about all of this... she strikes me as being caught up in the whirlwind.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would like to point out that not once have I gotten the impression the old lady is the one going off the deep end about all of this... she strikes me as being caught up in the whirlwind.

I get that impression as well, although I'm sure she appreciates the outpouring of financial sympathy. She can use it to change her identity and get away from all this media hysteria.

foodcritic

Seriously?

I am inclined to agree. This is not criminal or should not be. This would not have happened to an Adult 20-30 years ago. These little monsters should have been belted/switched whatever for what they did. Of course their parents either dont or are afraid to. Skool may see a mark on the beast and call the police and then the parent is up on charges.

So the cycle continue....

MMDad

Lem Putt
I am inclined to agree. This is not criminal or should not be. This would not have happened to an Adult 20-30 years ago. These little monsters should have been belted/switched whatever for what they did. Of course their parents either dont or are afraid to. Skool may see a mark on the beast and call the police and then the parent is up on charges.

You really don't think this happened in 1982-1992? Really? The only difference is that now it's easy to take a video and have it go viral same day.

SoMDGirl42

I thought you were a cop? As a police officer, you should know you can not use a belt/switch to enforce corporal punishment. You CAN however use an open palm hand and spank them. I suggest they do just this. If they do it right, the parents hand will sting as badly as their kids behind will.:whistle:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Seriously?

You do realize the question is if she should accept their apology, not should the lined up against a wall and shot.

SamSpade

Seriously?

They said mean things and made her cry. I hate to sound callous but BFD.

I have to admit, when I finally saw this thing, the first thing I thought was - I got worse EVERY DAMNED DAY OF MY LIFE for about 5 or 6 years in grade school. High school finally put an end to the punches, kicks, constant spittle and loogies, bloody noses, fired paper clips and destroyed or stolen property.

I would have gladly traded a few insults on the bus for the treatment I got from about 4th grade to 8th. (Fortunately 2nd and 3rd grade was just fist fights about every other week or so).

On the other hand, if someone had done that to my grandmother, I MIGHT have punched them out - but my grandma would have had them by the throat first. She'd been a Rosie the Riveter - you wouldn't dare bully her.

jetmonkey

What is the point of the bus monitor? I don't understand what her presence on the bus is supposed to accomplish if she is just a punching bag for the children.

StoneThrower

One part of me says she should, as she profited from this really well.

If shes a Christian she should, and why would she expect little sinners to act like anything other than sinners?

My concern is I feel the apologies aren't legit, if it was my child as well as writing something out, they would be apologizing in person and not hiding behind a letter They should have to face her and tell her they have asked for Gods forgiveness and now they are asking for hers.

Assuming these were boys, what better time than now to start learning to act like a man.