Bus pass+ID=WTF

Jayn

Jay
OK when did the STS bus started to requare you to show your ID when boading the bus with a pass? WTF! I never seen or heard that till now!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
OK when did the STS bus started to requare you to show your ID when boading the bus with a pass? WTF! I never seen or heard that till now!

I just asked my older son (Thing1, as I refer to him on the forums) about this. We live in Calvert Co. He has a bus pass, which he gets issued to him from transportation (he has to provide an ID and fill out an application for it) because he has a disability. He rides the bus every day to and from work. He says he never gets asked by "the computer/robot lady's voice" to show ID. He says it never asks him, or his other co-workers who have a disability pass. He is not sure what the criteria is for it asking, but it seems to be random - not all cards.

At least over here in Calvert.

sm8

We get my dad a monthly bus pass for STS. He rides it everyday and talks to everyone so he stands out a bit. They never ask him for his ID but it may be because he is so aggravating he is memorable.

Was it a new bus driver or one you were familiar with?

mitzi

My guess would be a new driver or a driver not usually on your route so he doesn't "know" you.

mamatutu

mama to two
So you need an ID to ride public transportation, but not to vote?

Yes. You need an ID to show you are an American. And, illegals will be given ID's and socials. Makes no sense. This article is interesting and it was reported on FOX a few days ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/potenti...ud-watchdog-finds-suspiciously-old-enrollees/

I would have posted part of the article, but weird my computer froze up. I find that happening more and more each day when I want to access info, and my computer freezes. Scary times.

Last edited:

merc669

Yes. You need an ID to show you are an American. And, illegals will be given ID's and socials. Makes no sense. This article is interesting and it was reported on FOX a few days ago.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/potenti...ud-watchdog-finds-suspiciously-old-enrollees/

I would have posted part of the article, but weird my computer froze up. I find that happening more and more each day when I want to access info, and my computer freezes. Scary times.

Its the Govt way of protecting you from news that might upset you or cause distress. The Govt knows what is good for you.....:evil:

mitzi

So you need an ID to ride public transportation, but not to vote?

You can purchase a monthly pass or get one free if you're on disability. Too many people let someone borrow their pass to avoid paying the fare. In the end, STS gets ripped off.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Scary times indeed. A FOX news article with a CBS news address. Be very afraid...

rolltide

Logical

You can purchase a monthly pass or get one free if you're on disability. Too many people let someone borrow their pass to avoid paying the fare. In the end, STS gets ripped off.

That's the way I read it. But just because it makes sense, don't expect the general public to miss an opportunity to blow it all out of proportion!