Bush 43 speak...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Mild mannered, or not mild mannered. Those are not principles. At least not ones that ought to matter a hill of beans in an executive. What are your principles? Limited gummint, humble foreign policy and trust the American people. What are your actions? TSA, DHS, two lost wars and the Pat Act.

TARP, GM bailout, No Child, Med D....

Sure they are. It displays a person's discipline. Bush was very disciplined in his responses to the media and others that attacked him. He knew what was worth responding to and what wasn't.

But in the instance of this interview, it was obvious to me he has very little approval of what Trump is doing; even if he did dance around most of the questions.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sure they are. It displays a person's discipline. .

Well, that's one way to look at it. Bush 43, in his mild mannered, disciplined approach either suddenly, calmly became a proponent of enormous gummint, distrusting the American people and his dads new world order or...or what? He lied? Mild mannered, disciplined lies?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But in the instance of this interview, it was obvious to me he has very little approval of what Trump is doing; even if he did dance around most of the questions.

So what? He doesn't have to approve. Can we at least agree that the exchange wasn't the "Bush Slams Trump" fiasco that the progpress is portraying it as?

PsyOps

Pixelated
So what? He doesn't have to approve. Can we at least agree that the exchange wasn't the "Bush Slams Trump" fiasco that the progpress is portraying it as?

Well, I'm not saying Bush slammed Trump; but he certainly didn't have anything positive to say.

:shrug:

And I'm not suggesting Bush should have anything positive to say about Trump. He is free to say what he wants. But, I still see his responses in light of the sour grapes the Bush family had during the primaries.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:shrug:

And I'm not suggesting Bush should have anything positive to say about Trump. He is free to say what he wants. But, I still see his responses in light of the sour grapes the Bush family had during the primaries.

The Bush's, obviously, represent the GOP establishment as well as their own legacy. It's sour grapes and a whole lot more.

This_person

The Bush's, obviously, represent the GOP establishment as well as their own legacy. It's sour grapes and a whole lot more.

As I reported above, Bush slammed Obama as well. Carter and Clinton have slammed Obama.

None of this is new. I think ex-presidents like to feel relevant, and that we miss them :sniff:.